Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Bug Box

A few weeks ago, we went to THE BUG BOX with Lenny, Brooke, & Nathan Klepic. The boys had fun looking at the insects and reptiles. I took advantage of our "field trip" and did a unit study on insects with Mikie. He can now tell you that insects have a head, thorax, and abdomen, 6 legs, and 2 antennae. His favorite insect is a grasshopper.

Lenny Ladybug & Mikie Butterfly

Zachary loved the spiders! EEWWW!
Mikie with the grasshopper.

Mikie examines them through the magnifying glass.
Zachary just wants to use the magnifying glass to hit things!

Even though the bugs were really neat, I think Mikie's favorite part was putting together and alphabet puzzle with Lenny in the discovery room.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the fact that Mikie's favorite insect was on his shirt and Zachary had a spider on his shirt (guess you know who you can ask to kill the spiders in the house...oh,oh, maybe he won't kill them...he'll just put them in a jar and keep them.) good luck honey.

    ReplyDelete