Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wedding plans....

On the way home from Cubbies (AWANAS) tonight, it was just me and the boys as Michael was in Denver on Navy business, Mikie and I had a really funny conversation that went like this:

Mikie- Mommy, my foot hurts.
Tracy-I'll look at it when we get home.
M-Don't cut it out or you might cut out my ribs.
T-Did you learn about how God took one of Adam's ribs and made Eve?
M-Yes, that was not a good thing to do.
T- Then I explained a little more and told him that when he grows up he will find the one woman God made for him and they will get married. I thought it would be fun to start asking questions since he was in a chatting mood. So, I asked: How old do you think you'll be when you get married?
M- 49 years old (oh great...I may be dead by then and not get to plan a wedding!)
T- How old will the woman be that you'll marry?
M-I think she'll be 48 (if I am still living, now my hopes of grandkids are all gone!)
T-What do you think she'll look like?
M-She'll look like someone from South America (ok...good chances of being beautiful)
T-What do you think her name will be?
M-I don't know! (said as if he meant duh Mommy, I can't possibly know that!)
T-Where do you think you'll live when you're married?
M-Oregon. It's a long ways to get there. You have to fly over Ok-la-hi-mo
T-How many kids do you think you'll have?
M-I don't know, maybe 100 101 1o2 103. We'll have 103 kids. (I almost laughed outloud!)
T-Is there anything else you can think of?
M-When I get married I'm going to choose pink and silver. (of course!)

I think I'm going to keep the radio off in the car a lot more and just start asking questions. I'm always in need of a good laugh.

6 comments:

  1. That is a great conversation! Aren't you glad that you blog now so that those cute things are forever recorded? I love it! Boy is he going to be busy with those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good conversation indeed! That is so cute how he pulled all those thoughts from different areas of learning and turned them into a cohesive story!
    Plus now you have your first wedding rehearsal slide already done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going be OLD at that wedding.
    Love the colors though. He'll get to wear pink yet. Glad he's learning at Awanas and enjoys going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute...boy will you have fun with that at his real wedding...I sure hope his bride-to-be wants a pink & silver wedding party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an adorable conversation! I just love it when they continue on with conversations like that. I feel sorry for his poor wife with all those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Well I guess Leah is out of the picture...she's definitely not from South America. :)

    ReplyDelete