Monday, September 22, 2008

Allergy results...

Zachary had his allergy tests today. He did great and didn't even cry. I left Mikie with my friend, Kim, because they told me it would take 2 hours. After they pricked him in the back, I had to get him to hold still for 20 minutes....I thought.....YEAH RIGHT! But, God is good and Zachary sat on my lap with my undivided attention for the full 20 minutes while I sang him silly songs and fed him apple snacks. I can see how having an older brother causes him to be more hyper. I wonder how different he would be if he were the first child?

So, the results.....he is allergic to milk & eggs! (I know, I know....one child needs his own cow and the other can't have a single thing made with milk...it is slightly comical) We are suppose to cut everything out of his diet that is made with eggs or milk for 6 months and then go back for testing. They said he will probably out grow this, but not to be surprised if he develops environmental allergies. He has been drinking Pediasure for 2 months now and absolutely loves it...well...it contains milk.....so we switched to rice milk tonight. He did not like it at all. We first tried adding vanilla to it....that didn't work......so we added mango and sugar.....bingo! He loved it....so now he'll be drinking rice milk smoothies.

On top of all this, I am getting sick with a fever and chills right as Michael is suppose to be leaving for 3 days tomorrow morning. I pray that the children don't catch it.

3 comments:

  1. Poor little guy! That's terrible. But hey, he can't really complain about the smoothies though. :-)

    Mikie is amazing with his reading! You have done a great job at teaching him. He is very very good.

    Hope you start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the no milk and eggs helps Zachary out. Hope you are feeling better. Seems like the only time I get sick is when Dave is gone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about the food allergy. Hope he outgrows it soon, cause Boagie doesn't know how to cook anything but farm stuff, the egg substitute and rice milk would throw me for a loop; but I know you can handle it cause you are such an awesome mom. At least he doesn't ask for certain foods yet with words, might make it easier to distract him.

    ReplyDelete