
September 2008
While handing Zachary his bull stuffed animal, Mikie said, "here you go Zachary. Here's your water buffalo." Upon correcting him, he reasoned: "No mommy, bulls are black and water buffalos are brown. So, see this is a water buffalo."
September 16, 2008
Mikie, two cookies for dessert is enough. "No mommy, I need 3 because I'm 3. That's how old I am, 3, so I just need 3 cookies." I guess if I make him eat 3 peas then in all fairness he should be allowed to eat 3 cookies, right? :)
September 17, 2008
We read The Selfish Crocodile where the little mouse crawls in the crocodile's mouth and pulls his tooth to relieve his pain. Mikie's stuffed crocodile talked to him before going to bed about the story he just read and he was quick to say "Sharky was in the river way up past the crocodile and he has a broken tooth too." When asked who helped Sharky feel better, Mikie replied "A really long creature helped him. It's an eel. The eel swam into Sharky's mouth and pulled out the broken tooth."
September 16, 2008
Mikie has a placemat with the United States on it. He was able to sound out many of them on his own, but when he came to Arkansas he asked me for help. About a week later he was looking at his placemat again and said "Mommy, it's not Arkansas it's AR-KANSAS (pronounced like the state of Kansas)" When I asked him why (knowing what he meant but wanting to hear his logic) he said "See AR- K-A-N-S-A-S. They are the same." I was so proud of his reasoning!
September 13, 2008
When he saw the castle on top of the hill at Dutch Wonderland Mini-golf, he said: "That's just like Leah's princess party!"


Mikie is so smart! I love the water buffalo story. That was very cute. He could teach me some things. :-) I love the Arkansas story too.
ReplyDeleteSmart boy!!! Just wait till he's 16 and eating the whole bag of cookies...
ReplyDeleteI agree with Mikie HE SHOULD HAVE 3 COOKIES that's what grandmas are for. He is very smart making up his own tooth story with Sharkey. The AR Kansas was great too.
ReplyDelete