Zachary and Hudson meet for the first time.
As soon as we told Mikie we were going to the Virginia Beach, he immediately connected that with the beach at Ocean City and asked if we could play mini-golf. Luckily, there were 2 courses not far from our hotel. The first night we played the Pirate course.
This club was just the right size for Zach. He would hit at the ball about 10 times at each hole and then decide that picking it up and carrying it to the hole was a much better idea.
Sorry...I can't figure out how to rotate this video clip.
Of course, while waiting for the rest of us to finish, he needed to climb on the rocks to get a better view of the shallow (but very blue) water flowing through the course.
Early morning on the beach! We ate a quick breakfast at the hotel and then headed across the street to play in the sand before checking out of the hotel.
Staying a safe distance away from the waves after the last incident in Ocean City.
We were so lucky...a cranky crane was busy working on the hotel across the street.
Testing the waters...still not taking any chances.
This play structure was right on the beach! Mikie pretended to follow the treasure map painted on the inside and led us on a trail past the sea turtles (garbage bags), palm trees (spotted in the distance), and mountains (hills of sand from a construction area), etc. It is fun to see him starting to use his imagination.
After showering and checking out of the hotel, we dropped Michael off on base and I took the kids to the aquarium. Mikie took this picture of me, but would NOT get in for me to take his. He really enjoyed building sharks on the computer by adding different fins, teeth, and tails.
Mikie was cute watching the sharks pass by. Zachary wouldn't get very close...I think this is because earlier, we were at a porthole viewing window and a giant sea turtle came swimming up from the bottom and passed right by the window startling Zach. He took a few steps back and fell down. It was funny at the time, but I think that made him a little leery of the shark exhibit.
At the aquarium, there was a "Little Builders" hands on exploration room for kids. I thought it was very well organized and I was impressed that they had 3 animal exhibits in the room: finches building nests, beavers building dams, and alligators (building a ladder by climbing on each other to get out of the water? ok...that's a stretch) Zachary of course, was thrilled with the funnel of air that keeps the balls suspended above it.
While Mikie was fascinated with moving balls and blocks along a conveyor belt.
Hammering with your mouth open assures that you will hit the nail on the head!
I'm too little for these silly hats!
Mikie got to pet a baby alligator.
One of my favorite exhibits just happened to correlate with our study of insects this past month. There was a room with giant grass and insects (yes I know this snake is not an insect but he was so cute standing next to it) that made you feel as if you had just been zapped with the Zalinskey's shrinking machine and were now living in the movie "Honey, I shrunk the kids." Mikie did a great job answering the questions on the computer quiz and hopefully learned a few things about the creatures in the marsh.
After Michael finished working & after eating at a restaurant on the beach, we played the jungle mini-golf course.
Zachary followed his ball and crawled right through the little rock cave.
I think Zachary enjoys mini-golf just as much as Mikie does.
Mikie next to his favorite animal. You may wonder why I don't have any pictures of Mikie golfing...well..that's because he was always one hole ahead of us. He was just so excited he couldn't wait to play the next hole.
Once in a while, I am appreciative of all the Navy trips Michael has to go on and this was one of those times. We had a great time and the boys were so well behaved.
Unfortunately, the day after we got back Zachary got another ear infection (which I think is a result of him cutting another molar) and was put on the antibiotic Omnicef which caused him to have major GI problems over the weekend and a very raw bottom. We find out in 3 weeks if he'll have to get tubes in his ears.





Tracy what a fun time. How lucky getting to see Carrie and her boys!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you next to the giraffe leg holding Zachary. It is a GREAT picture of you.
It looks like you had a great time! Would have loved to been with you guys when you saw Carrie! I miss both of you!!
ReplyDeleteTracy, it looks like Mikie is the next Tiger Woods. Love your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteLoved all the pictures. The video clip was cute. Zachary's my kinda golfer; just try a few times then drop it in the hole. The baby alligator was pretty neat to pet.
ReplyDeleteI liked Mikie's imagination on the pirate hunt.
I forgot to tell Mikie he took a very good picture of mommy in the shark's mouth.
ReplyDeletestill trying to figure out this account,sorry
ReplyDeleteone more time, sorry to be using your account for my stupidity. Love ya, MOM
ReplyDeleteOne more time. Plese don't get mad at me....at least I am trying.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a blast. Zachary is so adorable. I loved watching the video. Lenny and Mikie will have to search for treasures together some time. The kids have a huge blow up pirate ship with a map on it. That is so funny that we both posted about a treasure.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to see you here in Va. Beach and I am so glad that the Aquarium worked out for you, my boys love it there and loved the Little Builders exhibit. What a teacher you are..unit studies, wow, I just let Gunner press the buttons and pretend he is on spaceship! I hope you can come again so we can go somewhere together, you could teach my kids a thing or two!
ReplyDelete