Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Richmond Metro Zoo

On July 23rd, we took the boys to the Richmond Metro Zoo. It was a really hot day, and a very small zoo, but we still had fun. Here they are on the zoo Carousel.



One of the only words Zachary can say is "duck". Here he is pointing at the ducks in the pond.


My favorite zoo animal is the giraffe. Luckily, Mikie wasn't scared and even got to feed and pet one. It was the best part of our day.



Zachary's turn....he didn't seem to care about them too much...but he did like....
...The COW!


We rode on the "train" around the Africa section of the zoo. Mikie was really excited to see animals from all the different continents since we studied them in our preschool playgroup last year. I enjoyed hearing him say:

"Daddy, now we are in Asia!" "Mommy, now let's go to Africa"


They even had a baby zebra to feed and pet.

They didn't have any elephants (Mikie's favorite animal) so he told me his favorite part of the day was feeding the camels. I guess they don't want you to get too close to them so they have tubes that you get to pour your feed pellets down. Mikie thought that was so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. The zoo sounds like a lot of fun. That's really neat that you can feed the animals there. I'll have to take Lenny, Brooke, and Nate sometime.

    I keep forgetting to tell you that I love how Mikie and Zachary had on bug clothes when they went to the Bug Box. That was very cute!

    ReplyDelete