Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mikie says more & more

9/2008 While at Petsmart, Mikie found a guppy that looked exactly like the yellow and black spotted one we have at home named "jaguar" (purchased during our study on rain forest animals...hence the name of a mammal given to a fish). I was trying to convince him that we should get a different colored one instead of having two very similar fish. Mikie just stared longingly at it and said, "But they have to be the same so they can be best friends."


9/20/08 6:30 am....Master bedroom...parents sleeping....Mikie standing next to mommy's side of the bed says: "Get up Mommy! I looked outside and didn't see any of the lights burning so we can get up now!"


9/21/08 After I put on a green shirt and pink flowered skirt (first time wearing this post-baby) to go to church, Mikie comes upstairs and says: "Oooh, that's such a pretty dress." (Awww......he'll be a good husband one day...as long as his wife wears pink)


9/21/08 Mommy said: "Yay, look at our strawberry bed!"

Mikie said: "Can we sleep in it?"

9/25 While sitting on the potty: "If I fall in and flush then I'll be at somebody else's house." Apparently this is a new way to travel.... ha ha

Ongoing: "Now remember....." used to emphasize important directions such as:
"Now remember....when you hear this sound (whistle blow) it's time to come play with me.

"Now remember....the speed limit is 35"

"Now remember....I don't like peas, green beans, or baby trees (broccoli)"

After reading the 3 Billy Goats Gruff we put on a puppet show. Enjoy:

5 comments:

  1. So, how many times did you have to do that puppet show?? That's too cute. I'm just going to start writing down all these projects you do for future reference...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you had to do that over and over and over. . . Great job, Mikie on playing all the billy goats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute little things that Mikie says. Lenny got a kick out of watching the puppet show. And I loved how Mikie said, "he's much bigger than me." It was very cute! How in the world do you find time to do all of those neat things?! You do amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I MISS YOU SO MUCH! I remember playing that with Mikie in WA in your back yard on the real bridge. Wish I could be playing right now.( tears, tears, tears)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to write all this stuff down...I like the toilet comment...but wouldn't be my choice of travel!

    ReplyDelete