Mikie and Zachary check out the fish in the aquarium. In the video below if you listen very carefully you can hear Zach say "Fish" which sounds like "ish".
Again, our study of insects was reinforced with the"larger than life sized" bug exhibit. I'm so proud of Mikie reading the insects names in this video clip. He amazes me with his ability to sound out words.
Mikie's strange pose for this picture reminds me of a time when I was a pre-teen and woke up one morning in this position unable to move my neck and had to go to a chiropractor.
Mikie petting a box turtle. (Another mom was taking a picture of him at the same time, hence the bright light)
Growing up....I stood here watching him traverse this obstacle on the playground and realized he is almost 4 years old. It seems like such a short time ago I was climbing all over the steps and slides protecting him from tumbling off the edge (now I get to do that for Zach). Lately, I have really started seeing Mikie in a new light. He is more adventurous and less hesitant in new situations and seems more comfortable venturing away from me. 
On the day that I am posting this, Mikie played outside with the other children in our cul-de-sac while Michael was in the front yard mowing the lawn and I occasionally glanced out the window to see him running around in the yard at the house across the street. It seemed a little strange to be able to see him but not hear him. Another memorable moment in the process of letting go...


They are getting so big, so fast!! It is amazing all the things they can do and say. I'm so proud of Mikie for reading so well!
ReplyDeleteExcellent job Mikie reading the bug's names. Good job Zachary saying fish. You boys are getting so big. Glad you like all those bugs and fish. We've got really BIG spiders at our farm right now, good thing mommy isn't here.
ReplyDelete