Walking through the jungle to reach the entrance.
Earlier that morning, I bought the boys each a $5 stuffed animal from Khols 'Cares for Kids'.Mikie got a jaguar and Zach chose an iguana.
With their animals in hand, we are ready for our adventure through the rain forest.
Mikie encounters some creepy tarantulas
I think every hole had some sort of animation/motion that was triggered by a motion sensor. What you can't see in the video below is that Mikie seemed to be in a hurry to finish the holes with the animated creatures and Zachary was sticking very close to Mommy and Daddy. I guess it was a little too real for toddlers, but he eventually got over being scared and started enjoying it.
I think this was my favorite hole. You can see how realistic the monkeys were in the video below:
Mikie is holding his breath to walk over the bridge where the piranhas were jumping.This video shows how you have to open the tomb to get to the next hole:
The poisonous dart frogs spit water at you.
Watch out for the Aborigines and their blow guns.
Who wrote this message? It must have been the guy in the video below:
Do we really have to golf through a cave with Vampire Bats?
Look up, Zach, see their glowing eyes!
This picture is hysterical to me because Michael has started calling me a witchdoctor and sings the little "Ooh, Eee, Ooh, Ahh, Ahh..." song whenever I mix Zachary's homeopathic medicines (which can sometimes be close to a dozen viles, powders, capsules, liquids, etc. In fact he is taking 11 different things right now)
Stirring my brew :)
Run....Killer Bees!
Zachary is standing in front of the crocodile that leaps out of the water and squirts you as you putt the ball in the hole. At first, it startled them both, but then they found the sensor and took turns being "attacked" by the gator. Not a very good video:
This picture was taken on our second round of mini-golf. It never fails, as soon as we finish playing 18 holes they both immediately ask "Can we play it again? Just one more time, Mommy?" This time we told them that we were going to go grab a bite to eat and then come back when it was a little darker so we could play after they turned all the lights on. They were both very well behaved at the Macaroni Grill because they knew what their reward was going to be. When we played the second time around, the lightning bugs came out (as well as the mosquitoes) and it really felt as if we were in a tropical jungle! It's been almost a month since we've been there and I am not joking when I say that Mikie asks us almost daily when we are going back to "Perils of the Lost Jungle." I think we'll take them next week (but I'm sure I'll hear about it tomorrow)!


O.K. I give. How are we ever going to make the next birthday mini golf course live up to the Jones' expectations. I'm almost scared to come help you in January, ha,ha,.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome golf course! Glad you got to enjoy it in the dark also.
That's the closest I've seen the boys in matching outfits... are they the same shorts? It's a good thing I didn't coordinate your outfit with the occasion when you were growing up or you would always have on farm clothes or a McDonald's shirt on. (We never did any of this fun stuff years ago.)
It is so cool that you found an activity that both boys enjoy so much and that you can make endlessly new by finding new themed courses!
ReplyDelete