Sunday, August 16, 2009

Art In The Park

One very hot day at the end of July, we took the kids to Hurkamp park where they had kid tables set up with different craft projects. Here's Zachary decorating his bag.


The best part about making spider cookies is eating them!





This was the day I received my very first noodle necklace made by my favorite 4 year old! I felt just like Goldie Hahn in "Overboard" when he put it around my neck. When I took it off a few hours later, I had blue and pink spots on my neck from the dyed noodles. And later that evening when Mikie and I went to the theater for a play (upcoming post), he asked me to wear it; so, I slipped it back on as he and I both smiled with pride!

Zachary made one too, but wanted to wear it himself.

The activity that was the biggest hit last year remains Mikie's favorite this year. He even asked to do it as soon as we entered the park but we told him we would save it for last (I'm amazed he remembered since he was only 3 last year). What could this art phenomenon be? Painting a card board box castle! That's it, just erect some boxes, cut a door and some windows, give the kids paint and a brush and viola you have dozens of little artist vying for a blank spot in the cardboard tunnel.

Hours of being in the heat with tired children left us all a bit cranky. All Zachary wanted to do was get out!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...your first noodle necklace.(And it was so pretty and colorful) The first of MANY fine gifts yet to come. Thought is was cute that Zachary wanted to keep his.

    The carboard box sounds like a birthday party idea ;)

    ReplyDelete