After picking her up from the airport we met Michael at his office and watched him pin on his next rank (picts to come later). Then the boys showed Boagie how to run through the tunnels underground and we ate our lunch in the park.
Our photographer captured some great family photos for us. She sure is silly behind that camera, but hey, she gets them to smile and she works for free!

On the way down to Fredericksburg, we shopped at the commissary while Michael watched the boys and tried to go bowling, but they were closed that day. Instead, we drove home and quickly unloaded the groceries so that we could eat at The Bonefish Grill and take the boys mini-golfing.
The next day we took a break from the party preparations and took the kids to the river. They had so much fun throwing rocks in the water, digging in the sand, and walking up/down stream.

We've got to think of another word besides "Cheese" for them to say if we want to capture real smiles that don't look like they are induced by some painful event.
Couldn't resist the profile 'clone' picture.And yet again, where do you think we went? I'll give you only one guess:

On Sunday evening, Boagie watched the boys while Michael and I went golfing (real golfing...not miniature!) On Monday, we took the boys to Kings Dominion amusement park.

Zachary was a little chilly in the waterpark area.

Zachary was a little chilly in the waterpark area.Now what I am about to tell you is nothing short of a miracle and I have the picture to prove it if you don't believe me. We actually got Mikie to wear a life vest!!!! This is a kid who doesn't like anything extra on his person including jackets, coats, hats, gloves, painting smocks, etc. and refuses to play dress up except for one night a year to get a bucket full of candy. As he and I were sitting there watching Zach and Boagie float on the river, I slowly convinced him to put one arm in and then the other and then he even let me snap the buckles. Well, since it was already on he decided it would be ok to float with his brother as long as he could take it off as soon as he got out of the water. DEAL! And a great time was had by all!!!! We've been back since then and I am proud to report that he did indeed wear the life vest once again to float on the river with his friend, Katilyn. However, I still can't get him to float in the water without a tube.


Playing a game to win an elephant.....and yes....he chose the pink one!

Zachary wanted the elephant but couldn't resist the chance to throw balls so he earned a tiger instead.
Riding the Monster Truck ride.

No, these aren't pictures of me kicking my boys out of the house, nor are they packing up to go home with Boagie (although someday that will happen!). What then could possibly be in these bags?................
...Bowling Balls! We took them bowling with their own Monster Truck bowling balls.

Mikie bowls with his Blue Thunder ball.


Playing a game to win an elephant.....and yes....he chose the pink one!
Zachary wanted the elephant but couldn't resist the chance to throw balls so he earned a tiger instead.
Riding the Monster Truck ride.
No, these aren't pictures of me kicking my boys out of the house, nor are they packing up to go home with Boagie (although someday that will happen!). What then could possibly be in these bags?................
...Bowling Balls! We took them bowling with their own Monster Truck bowling balls.

Mikie bowls with his Blue Thunder ball.
All too soon it was time to take Boagie back to the airport. We always have the very best times with her here and miss her terribly when she's gone. Thank you, Mom, for all your help and encouragement. We absolutely love having you spend time with us! Come back soon!!!!!!! We love you very very very much!!!!!!!!





Ohhhhh....how I WISH they were coming to my house. One of these days, years or whenever IT WILL HAPPEN ;) Grandpa & I will do some seriously SPOILING.!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou give me way to much credit. YOU are the one that had everything planned and almost everything prepared ahead of time, so we could relax and have some fun with the boys.
I love my time with you all and wish it could be more often....maybe someday it will be. I have fun enjoying all the NEW things or sayings that the boys do everytime I visit.
The pictures were great like usual:)
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Those bowling balls and the bags are way cute. Your kids have some patience to be doing all the bowling/mini-golfing.
ReplyDelete