The next morning, we ate breakfast at a cafe across the street and then headed to the fort.
We drove up to Mount Defiance and took pictures overlooking Fort Ticonderoga.
This is one of MANY pictures beside a CANNON.

Mikie wanted his picture taken next to all of these cannons on the second level. He counted them and kept saying, "Ok, now take my picture by number 4...number 5...number 6....etc...." Don't worry....I won't post them all!
At the end of a musket demonstration, they fired it off which surprised Mikie and upset him slightly. He quickly got over it when we walked into the courtyard and found it full of rocks. They both enjoyed 10 minutes of digging, throwing, and plopping rocks in every direction. Oh, the joy of having two boys.

They had a small scale puzzle model of the fort that Michael was trying to teach them how to put together, but Mikie insisted on lining them up "in order".
Have you ever tasted air? Apparently, it tastes pretty good. Zachary spent most of the day with his tongue hanging out tasting the cold air.
Human Cannon Ball - Since we have so many pictures of us beside the cannons, we thought we'd change the pose a little.
The boys each got a rock candy from the gift shop before we left. Next, it was time to take a ferry (which held a total of 4 cars...I know....that's a small bathtub toy in comparison to the Washington state ferries we were used to) across Lake Champlain to start another day driving for hours while the boys watched videos and napped peacefully.




I love, love, love the picture of Zachary the human cannon ball!!
ReplyDeleteI love all the posts about your trip, I love driving through the Northeast, there are so many gorgeous spots. I also agree about the DVD player, we learned that it can be a godsend on our drive down to my nephew's wedding in FL!
ReplyDeleteNice pics. How many cannons were there to take Mikie's picture by? Loved Zachary in the one. I like their new trampolens. Looked like it was getting cooler and windy then the day before.
ReplyDelete