Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Trip Home: Strasburg, PA (Railway Museum)

Now that I was able to visit Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire on this trip....I have visited 46 states and only have 4 left (Alaska, North Dakota, Rhode Island, and Ohio). I never would have thought I would get to travel and see so much of the U.S. I feel very blessed!

Our last day of the trip was spent in Strasburg, PA. We shopped at the outlet stores and ate at Panera. Then we took the boys to the Railway Museum that we didn't have a chance to visit on our Thomas day.

The boys each chose a new stuffed animal from Noah's Landing in the outlet mall. Mikie chose a leopard shark and we got Zachary a humpback whale. This is the same store that Grandmommy and Granddaddy bought Mikie his "Sharkey" (seen in the picture above). Zachary loves sharkey and I wish now that we would have bought him his own. Next time we go we will have to remember that. The animals are attacking each other...the stuffed ones...not my boys (this time anyway)

Mikie was so enamored with the model train display, we almost had to drag him away...and this was only the entrance to the museum! Once inside, he had so much fun seeing the real train engines and cars.













Running across the bridge walkway that went over top of all the trains. When we looked down, we could see inside of a troublesome truck. I just love the little outfit I found at Gymboree with the word "caboose" across his bottom.


We spent most of our time at the hands on children's exhibits pushing buttons to make all kinds of trains go around on tracks. I'm so glad we didn't come here during Thomas days...it would have been so crowded! Besides one other little boy, we were the only ones playing in this area.


Holley, I took this picture for you! Besides the usual wooden tracks, they also had the geo tracks for kids to play with. The trains just needed to have some fresh batteries...they were a little slow!


The airplanes were my favorite part. It was so nice sit on the bench and watch our boys play together without fighting or fussing. I didn't want to leave, but we had to get going so we could drive the rest of the way home.

Saying goodbye to the trains......and hello to the car seats.....



THE END / THE END (cloned)

3 comments:

  1. It is quite hilarious how much they look alike! Looks like you guys had a great time, loved the museum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip looked amazing...it is so great getting to see all the beauty that our country has to offer! I was always an overseas tourist until I married a Navy guy, so it is cool to see what we have in our own backyard...although I am not as well traveled as you yet! I love getting ideas on destinations from your blog! Thanks for your craft suggestions by the way, we did a nature collage and then painted leaves and used them as "stamps" to make another project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Zachary's little caboose running away from the camera. Especially liked the ride home picture. Can't believe they fall to sleep in the same position.
    Glad the kids got to spend some time playing when there wasn't a mad rush of people.

    ReplyDelete