Monday, November 10, 2008

Trip: At Mom & Dad's in Maine

We spent a wonderful 5 days with Grandmommy and Granddaddy Jones at their new house on 70 acres just outside of Easton. It was great spending time with them and the boys had a lot of fun. Without any access to the internet, it was a very relaxing time for me as well.

One evening, we prepared to carve our pumpkin. You'll notice my boys are truly fashionable... Zachary is wearing his 6-12 month (I know he's so little!) horse shirt accented with pink Italian ice while Mikie chooses to go topless after a small battle of rolling up his sleeves failed to produce happy results.


Zachary: "CHEESE"


The Pumpkin Patch Parable helps us learn Bible verses while carving our pumpkin.


"You want us to do what????"


Pumpkin guts: Mikie took one scoop out and refused to try it again. Zachary wouldn't reach in, but was very interested in the seeds we put in his bucket.


Okay.....now draw a face. Any guesses as to what Mikie's pumpkin will look like.....

(Click picture to enlarge) Surprised? Haven't you ever seen a Jack-O-Lantern with numerical facial features?



I just love this video.
(It's a little long...I don't know how to edit my videos to make them shorter)

We helped Grandmommy & Granddaddy pick out their Christmas tree.






Riding the train in the mall. Mikie just had to ride in all 4 cars...which allowed each one of us to ride around with them just once.







The boys rode on Grandmommy's "Allie"gator.


Mikie helps dig up a little balsam tree to bring back to VA.


Let's play in the leaves! Zachary was very tired and cranky, but Mikie had a great time playing hide and seek and having races down the path.


Even though our trip was cut short by about a week, we all enjoyed the fun activities and the memories we made with Grandmommy and Granddaddy. I know that in the years to come, my boys will spend the majority of our visits exploring and playing in these woods. I can see the piles of stained and ripped clothes now.

2 comments:

  1. Cute video. Loved the way Zachary was loving Mikie. Monkey see, monkey do on the bare belly. Great pictures with Grandmommy & Granddaddy on their farm. Hope your tree lives...be sure to water it plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a great idea...I will buy a real tree this year (first time in my married life) if I can have the boys come pick it out for me!

    ReplyDelete