We trick or treated with Kim and Jacob in their neighborhood for about 1/2 hour. The boys were very excited and would run to each house (we could barely keep up). Somewhere along the way, Mikie decided that the coveted candy of the evening were lollipops. He started asking at each house, "Do you have any lollipops?" and at one house he made us laugh when he said, "Do you have any lollipops, or not?" (Oops...sounds just like the words coming out of my mouth when I've asked him a question a few too many times and am tired of being ignored!)
Reluctantly, we decided it was time to stop trick or treating and drive to our church Harvest Festival for what we thought would be fun and games. Unfortunately, there were so many people waiting in line to park that we decided it would be too crowded and turned around to go back to our neighborhood. By then, Mikie had fallen asleep in the car, because despite 2 hours of laying in his bed he did NOT take a nap that day. When we got back in our neighborhood and woke him up, he wasn't very enthusiastic any more, it was a lot colder, and he wanted to be carried. We hit about 5 houses and then called it a night and went home.

Lollipops and Starbursts were Mikie's favorite. Zach enjoyed smarties and lollipops, too. I was craving a Snickers and wouldn't you know it...there was only 1 tiny Snickers in the whole loot! Mikie was so gracious, he gave me a "little" bite.

I was disappointed about how the night ended up, but was quickly reminded that in a 3 year old's eyes Halloween is fun no matter what....I asked Mikie what his favorite part of the night was (expecting him to say going to the houses with Jacob) and he responded "The very last house, when they dumped the whole bucket of candy in my pail." I guess the night turned out pretty great after all!


Wow what a haul! I am impressed that even you and Michael got dressed up for trick or treating! It is funny that you are Lazy Mazey because you are anything but Lazy!
ReplyDeleteYeah! Halloween! Good to hear that you had a good time, and I too am impressed that everyone dressed up!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures and the family theme! You all look very good. I love the comment that Mikie made about the lollipops. That made me laugh. :-)
ReplyDeleteI also smiled at the lines of candy that Mikie had on the table. He and Lenny are so much alike. Lenny also lines them up grouped together. I grabbed all the Snickers that the kids got. Those are my favorites.
I agree you are anything but lazy. You are the busiest person I know. I loved the way Mikie lined up his candy; but I should have figured from past experiences on multiple items. Glad you had a good time.
ReplyDeleteI guess I should clarify...My HUSBAND is the ANAL one...not Mikie. Michael "catergorized and classified" the candy. Mikie just wanted to eat it!
ReplyDelete