Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trip: Day 1 continued (Battlefield of Saratoga in NY)

After spending a fun morning at the pumpkin farm (see previous post), we drove and drove while the boys slept and finally came to the Battlefield of Saratoga that Michael wanted to see. We got there just in time, because they were closing the visitor center in 30 minutes and the tour road would be closing at sunset (only an hour later). It was so pretty! The colors were so vibrant as the sun set on them and in the very last picture you can see that the mountains actually looked PINK! This was one of the best stops on our trip...I wish we would have had more time to spend there. Even though we were rushed, we managed to set up the camera for a timed picture that turned out GREAT!


Mikie enjoyed playing in the crunchy leaves, but Zachary just stood still. He smiled when we made them fall on his head and then later he picked them up and put them on his own head.


Zachary loved picking up the leaves and bringing them to me. He'd stop, point, squeal, and then wait until I said, "go get it" before he'd bring it to me.


This isn't a great picture of him, but it shows his cute little sweater with pumpkins and a baby mouse that I found at the Strausburg Children store. I thought he would get a chance to wear it more around Fredericksburg, but since it was still in the 80's when we left, today was the first day he wore it.




We held him up to the tree to get a cute picture, but the leaves kept tickling him so he wouldn't ever look up.


They actually cooperated for this picture!
The cannon, house, and tree were all the same color. It was as if it was painted that way.


God's Beautiful Colors & Our Adorable Boys!



Mikie took this picture of Zachary and Mommy.
In this video, you'll notice that the car is moving and the boys are not in their car seats. Please don't call CPS on me...the road we were on was the battlefield tour road, it was a one way road, Michael was driving about 15 mph, we were one of the only ones left in the park because the gates were closing soon, the boys had been strapped down most of the afternoon, and I didn't want to strap them in for a 2 minute drive before having to get them out at the next tour stop.
This is the mountain that turned pink from the sunset shinning on the trees.
(For full effect, click picture to enlarge.)

Check back soon for the next post on day 2's adventures....

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!
    I LOVED ALL the pictures. They were just breath taking. Your outfits couldn't have been more perfect for the scenery.

    I love Zachary's little fall sweater. It is so cute! You or Amber will have to have twins (a boy and a girl), so the children can wear them adorable sweaters together.

    Little Zach sure loves his animals. Doesn't matter what they are, he gets so excited.
    Anxious to print some of the pics and put on the fridge. Thanks again for taking the time to add the pictures for the blog. (you do an excellent job, keeping me and others updated).

    Noticed Zachary's hair is touching his ear. Do I get to give him his first haircut? ( If so... I think I need a plane ticket before January.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backgrounds are so beautiful they almost look fake. You got some amazing pictures. I so want to see fall leaves on the ground and the trees like that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved the barn, cannon and tree being the same color! Fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete