Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fuzzy Kisses

The boys and I left one of our "homes away from home" (aka: Amber's house) and flew to Sacramento, CA for my cousin's high school graduation. The plane ride was quick and quiet because Mikie had a fever and slept, while Zach was recovering from his 2 day fever and also napped. We spent the first night with my Grandmother's niece and her husband, who made us feel right at home. We enjoyed sitting outside eating a special meal cooked especially for my boys while admiring their beautiful view of the valley. Boagie worked off a few calories running up and down the hill after the boys continuously launched their monster trucks over the sides of their spacious deck. In the morning, there were a few other members of their family to meet: the alpacas!Zachary recieves his first fuzzy kiss, while Mikie takes a liking to a friendly white female named Cassidy. He started showing her his monster truck and then started talking to her like a friend, as if she understood every word. Then, he would say "Can you say: Monster Truck?" or "Can you say: Alpaca?" and then he'd listen as Cassidy whispered in his ear. He got so excited every time she did that! He would say: "She said Monster Truck!" or "She said Alpaca!" It was so cute to watch, and I'm so disappointed that I didn't get any video of the "secret whispering."








Cassidy sees her first Monster Truck in this video:






Thank you, Suzie & Brad, for opening your home to us. We had so much fun on your ranch.


Don't be fooled by the picture below...we're not at Disneyland yet! But, we are someplace my boys would consider equally as fun: MINI-GOLF.





The picture above is a typical sight on every hole....Mikie has just finished putting and is now running ahead to check out the next hole while Zachary takes another 20 swings to sink his shot.



They sure did make this hole tricky!


I didn't get any good pictures of my cousin on his graduation day (Aunt Joy, if you'd like to send me some I can upload them here). It was great to see our family again and wish you luck, Caleb!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to meet Cassidy. She looks adorable. That's so cute that Mikie became friends with her. :-) Sounds like a lot of fun.

    I love the picture at the top of your blog. That's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photos! Those alpacas are darling!! I have a blanket my in-laws got me in Peru that's made from Alpaca wool. It's very warm. I love watching kids with animals. :)

    (Side note: are you interested in doing a kids' book club? I don't even know how it would work!)

    ReplyDelete