It's so sad that I'm over an entire month behind in my posts.
June 21st was not only my birthday, but also Father's Day and the day I had to set up my room for VBS. Needless to say, it was a busy day!
After church, we headed to one of our favorite restaurants: Brock's Riverside Grill. We love sitting at a table on their small balcony overlooking the Rappahannock River watching the birds circle overhead. Secretly though, the main reason we go to this lovely establishment is that our boys are fairly well behaved because they are anxious with anticipation in hopes that a train will pass by on the railroad bridge nearby.
And on this lucky day: WE SAW ONE and ANOTHER!
And on this lucky day: WE SAW ONE and ANOTHER! 2 trains and 2 happy boys!
What do you think we are watching?
My "cheesy" boys
I look like I'm in pain because Mikie is leaning forward and I'm trying not to drop him.Both of my boys love to suck the lemons from Daddy's iced tea.
Happy Father's Day Daddy!
After lunch, I spent 4 hours decorating my VBS room while Michael took the boys back to the house for naps. When he came to pick me up, we decided to try to eat out again and realized that it might be a little tricky on Father's day when we drove past 3 restaurants and there were groups of people waiting outside with their pagers. Luckily, Cheeseburger In Paradise had no waiting and outside seating. Without the lure of train tracks nearby and the interrupted nap situation, our evening dinning experience wasn't nearly as enjoyable but still better than eating at home.
Happy Father's Day Daddy!After lunch, I spent 4 hours decorating my VBS room while Michael took the boys back to the house for naps. When he came to pick me up, we decided to try to eat out again and realized that it might be a little tricky on Father's day when we drove past 3 restaurants and there were groups of people waiting outside with their pagers. Luckily, Cheeseburger In Paradise had no waiting and outside seating. Without the lure of train tracks nearby and the interrupted nap situation, our evening dinning experience wasn't nearly as enjoyable but still better than eating at home.



Great photos by the bridge! I haven't been to Cheeseburger in Paradise in ages! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good day. So glad you got a picture of you & the boys on your birthday and then a picture of daddy & the boys on Fathers Day.
ReplyDeleteFunny lemon pictures. Grant loves to do the same thing with lemons. What is up with that!?! Neat train picture and more cute family photos. You are quite photogenic I must say! :)
ReplyDeleteNice pics...looks like a great place to eat!
ReplyDelete