Mikie with his pirate book
The "crew"
My pirates on a very hot afternoon.
Long John Silvers would be so proud!
Mikie checks the map and our research guide book for the hidden "X"
My child intently telling one of the pirates which page he can find the map on in his book.
Let the cannon fight commence.We all had a great time and got to see all the parts of the ship listed in our book. When we got home, Mikie wanted to have his own treasure hunt around the house.
Book #5 Night Of The Ninjas Our field trip after Mikie completed this book was so much of a bust that I didn't even take any pictures of it. I looked on line and found a martial arts competition that was in the Annapolis/Baltimore area so I assumed it would be well organized and highly competitive so Mikie could see a lot of the weapons that are used. I was very wrong! We were in the area the night before for a retirement ceremony anyway, so we just spent the night with Michael's Aunt and Uncle and got up the next morning to drive to the competition. When we arrived at 10:00 am, according to the schedule they were suppose to be 30 minutes into the program with the weapons portion coming up. Well..........they were running late....very late....as in almost 2 hours late! So we walked to a nearby waterfront park and killed some time looking at ducks on the water until we headed back inside and watched about 10 minutes of the performances. We did get to see a competitor practicing in the hallway we were watching from (because I was NOT going to pay $20 a person to watch 15 minutes of this thing before having to leave for lunch and nap time). When the high school aged boy took a break from twirling and tossing his weapons, we asked for his autograph and then left. I wish I would have gotten his picture too. Oh well, it was my least favorite MTH book anyway!













Oooh!! That looked like so much fun! I would love to take my kids on that trip. Cool!
ReplyDeleteLooked like a fun outing. I can just hear Mikie telling what page his map was on...that kid never forgets anything:) The boys shirts were so cute and appropriate for the field trip.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the ship called, that looks like a really fun thing to do if / when we visit my parents in that area again (I am hoping they sell their condo to move down here b-4 we get the chance!) I think Gunner would love that! Looked like so much fun...you are so good at planning fun outings for the boys!
ReplyDelete