Saturday, July 4, 2009

Disneyland Part One

After a short flight and a bumpy bus ride, we arrived at the happiest place on earth and checked into our hotel before heading to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the evening. I was still recovering from being sick in Sacramento and Zachary was fighting a very nasty virus that left him feeling very sad, so it was hard to get many pictures of him smiling. He became Daddy's boy for 3 days and always wanted to be carried around. (I've uploaded only the best pictures to this blog, but there are still so many that I had to break this into part 1 and 2.)





One of the rare pictures we have of Zachary smiling during this trip...but of course, he is with his Daddy!



The first ride we went on: Finding Nemo Submarines




At the parade, Mikie waved at every character dancing in the street. It was so cute when he said, "Let's get out the scrapbook (autograph book) that we made and maybe they'll come running." He really wanted them to come over and talk with him.





On the Jungle Cruise, the boys were "taking it all in" and searching for the amazon aimals.









One of the highlights for Mikie, was being able to run through, and climb up, into Tarzan's Tree House.








Ahhh...aaaa....Ahhhh...aaaaa! (Tarzan yell)



On the Mark Twain Paddle Boat:


The boys used this little stage to perform some dance moves for our enjoyment.


You can tell from the video that "White boys can't dance!"


Of course, Daddy had to take them on HIS favorite ride MANY, MANY times! The boys really liked it too and we were glad there was hardly any line.


On the way out that evening, we found Mickey Mouse. Mikie had just fallen asleep in the stroller about 5 minutes before so I was leary about waking him up; however, as soon as he saw Mickey he was awake and happy.


The next morning we started our day in Toon Town and remembered to bring our autograph book this time! Mikie is a big fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney Channel so I knew he would love seeing his favorite characters in real life. I was right....he wasn't scared at all and gave them all big hugs and high fives.


As soon as we walked in, we met Pluto:







Then we saw Goofy:


Mikie is standing on Goofy's porch.


Next up, Minnie Mouse:


Inside Minnie's houseIt's so hard to wait your turn:





In this video, Mikie reads the note Mickey left for Minnie:





Mikie rides his first disney roller coaster in toon town while Zachary screams because he's too little to ride. The only cute picture of Zachary's shirt:



Inside Mickey's House on Pluto's Bed:



And this time everyone is awake to see Mickey Mouse but you can tell how miserable Zach feels:


Outside of Chip and Dale's house:


Riding the Casey Jr. Train from Dumbo:


Appropriate choice of cages!


Both boys fell asleep in the stroller, so we took the opportunity to walk over to Disney's California Adventure and ride a few rides while Boagie kept an eye on the boys.

When they woke up, we took them on the rocking ferris wheel. Zachary looks happy in this picture, but as soon as the car started rocking and rolling he was a little terrified and held his breath each time it moved.

Playing a few games:

Winning a few prizes:

King Triton's Carousel

Zachary chooses a pink dolphin.



Mikie chooses a pink humback whale.


Photo Op!




Playing hide n' seek underground while waiting to see the Bug's Life 3D Movie

My little bug a boo:

Rolly Polly Pill Bug Bumper Car ride with Daddy

As the sun set, we decided to make it a (not so) early night and go back to the hotel. With hot chocolates in hand (the weather was mostly cloudy & 68 degrees *PERFECT* during the day and just a tad chilly at night), we walked back to our hotel and watched the fireworks from our balcony window.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time was had by all! (well, maybe except Zachary :(. I can't wait to take our kids to Disney!

    I hope Zachary gets better soon! Happy Birthday little peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect weather "NOT!!!!" I was COLD (or chilly) most of the time...but no rain so I am not really complaining. I'm glad I got to go with you and enjoy the fun thru the boy's eyes. Not everyone can take their own photographer with them on vacation, ha,ha. I loved it, thanks again for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun...I bet they loved meeting all the characters! I can't wait to go to Disneyworld with my boys now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I've been to Disney World twice, but never to Disney Land. Kind of neat to see how they are different. I loved all the pictures!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me want to take a trip to Disney! Looks like it was fun and busy! Was Mikie break dancing in that video?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the previous comments. This makes me want to check Disney Land out! Looks like fun was had by all. Even little Zachary, poor little pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete