Friday, July 24, 2009

Golf & More

Since Mikie loves mini-golf so much, I signed him up for a beginner golf camp at a course only 15 minutes from our house. One Sunday a month for 2 hours he gets to putt, chip, and practice his full swing with tennis balls and birdie balls (pvc pipe rings). In his group of 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 year olds.

Putting was his favorite part.
In this video you can hear him shout out the number of putts it took him to sink the ball:


Mikie sets up to hit his first birdie ball.

As part of the program, they took adult clubs, cut them down to a child's size, and gave everyone who didn't have their own clubs one iron. You can see in this video that the club is just a bit heavy for Mikie:



I was so proud of him for not throwing a fit when he didn't get the color of tennis ball that he wanted.

The kids took turns trying to hit a tennis ball at the instructor who was wearing a velcro suit as you'll see in this video:



Zachary enjoys one of the joys of summer:

Too bad we weren't at home on the farm to go out and pick our own.

One day, after the high pitch screeching got on my very last nerve, I found a new way to keep Zachary in time out:
This video is a couple months old, but still cute. Mikie has been asking to "be excused to use the restroom" during meal time and it appears that Zachary's "May I please be excused" has morphed into a similar version of Mikie's request. You have to listen very closely in this video:

4 comments:

  1. My favorite pic out of all of these is Zach in the time out chair. LOL!

    Great job of golfing Mikie! We are all very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next "Tiger" in our family. Could he not use the clubs we gave him for his birthday? Mikie you did a very good job! You'll have to show me sometime when I come to visit.

    The time out was tooo funny :) I'm still laughing. Poor kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the restraining device!! Can I have two, please? ;) Neat golf program!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golf program is great, they don't have golf lessons in our area until age 5, it's called "first tee" program or something like that. Mikie will have a golf scholarship at this rate!
    LOVE the timeout pic....so, so funny. I spent 1/2 hour placing Hudson back in timeout yesterday until he gave up, so I like your ingenuity!

    ReplyDelete