
Here we are in my room. I decided that each day we would visit a different Australian landmark and decorated my room in those 5 areas: Rain Forest, Sydney Opera House, Ayers Rock, Great Barrier Reef, and the Outback.

My cute boys in front of the art drying table that became Ayers Rock. Because I only had 11 kids in my classroom, I was able to have Mikie with me during center time.
.jpg)
The boys demonstrate one of our crafts: the aboriginal clap sticks.

Zachary really liked slapping the sticks together.
All Aboard! Welcome to my room.
Mikie and Michael even used some Thomas track around the carpeted area and allowed me to borrow a train to pull the bobble headed kangaroo and koala.
I was able to re-re-recycle the blue cardboard ocean for the Great Barrier Reef. (Multi-uses: Thomas Party: Brendam Docks, VBS 2008 Ocean backdrop, Mini-golf under the sea party)






Very cute! Loved the opera house!
ReplyDeleteWow, you sure are AWESOME at decorating, crafts and food!!! Wish I could have been one of your students instead of your mother. Way to go recycling so many things, so many times and I am sure you are not done yet ;)
ReplyDeleteLoved the way the train tracks went into your room and ALL the decor. Liked you adding your & Michael's picture in the down under. Glad Mikie shared his train tracks with you and that he could be with you for part of the day.
Funny how 2 little sticks can get such a BIG smile out of Zachary.
Cute picture of you and the boys at the top. Your room looks amazing. I am sure the kids loved it!! I love that you re-re-recycle your party stuff too. Such an environmentalist! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, that is fantastic! I bet the kids had a great time! My favorite was the "digeridoo"...one of Gunner's favorite books is called "Do you do a digeridoo?". We might have to make one on a rainy day...good idea (as usual, you are my craft guru)
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss this???! Your room was fabulous!!! I got stuck out in the Snack Shack trailer for the older kids, which was great b/c it wasn't a lot of work, but no eye candy. ;) You did a fabulous job!!!!! I would want to be in your class. ;) I've been meaning to ask you about the ocean decor. Natalie has been asking for an Ariel Under the Sea party (in December!!!). Could we borrow a few decorations?? My house is always decorated for Christmas, but I do like to have some stuff out that goes with her theme. I could use some help brainstorming! :) I'll have to get with you soon. :)
ReplyDelete