At the end of May, the boys and I flew to WA to spend a week with our friends and former neighbors, the Wymans. The flight was direct and about an hour too long. Really though, the boys did great and we arrived around 10:30 in the morning. After a 1/2 hour of arranging car seats, strapping in children, loading luggage, and refilling sippy cups we headed to the Rain Forest Cafe for lunch. Mikie knew exactly what to expect and Zachary was happy to get some chicken nuggets.
Not so sure about the gorillas. 
They were also hesitant to get any closer to the elephants.


Once the popcorn was gone, the bowls were used as entertainment.
TATE'S 4th BIRTHDAY PARTY:

Follow the prints...to find your gear....put on your hat....the party's here!

Tate looks like a real paleontologist!
Even Mikie wore the hat (for all of about 2 minutes). I guess if I want to get him to try new things I just need to write directions on giant dinosaur feet!
Swinging with the dinosaurs.
A nest of bouncing light up hatching dino babies.
They turned their swing set into "Mount Tate". The volcano was a great focal point for the party and the kids loved climbing up/behind it.
The zip line was transformed into a Pteranodon In Training ride.
Fossil Fruit Salad (bones in the strata)
Mesozoic Muffins in dino shapes
Painting a dinosaur
Decorating dino bags
Dinosaur Story Time
Digging up dino bones in the excavation site


Mikie finds a T-rex
Next it was time for a fossil hunt and assembly

While I was snapping pictures and holding Zach, another Dad helped Mikie assemble his raptor.
I guess this is a good place to insert how proud I was of Mikie that day. I really thought he would end up in tears if he didn't get exactly what he wanted (like the right dino in the sand, or the right color of fossil), but he didn't. He was kind and even got excited for Ayden when she was the lucky one to draw the color pink. I'm so glad he's 4 now!
Mikie shows us which "half" he wants to eat. By the way, when I asked him what his favorite part of the party was he replied: "Eating the cake!"

One of the MANY favors the kids got was a dinosaur lollipop (which was Mikie's second favorite part of the party) and I'm sure it was Zach's favorite as well because once he got his lollipop, he climbed up on the swing set and didn't move for about 30 minutes.
Amber did an outstanding job with this party (again my blog is only a summary...If you are reading this for ideas please visit her blog) and the weather cooperated for the 4th year in a row. It was an absolutely gorgeous (almost hot) day and I was so glad we were able to be there. Thank you, Amber, for allowing us to be a part of your lives and celebrations.
The LOOT:
After the party we loaded the kids in the car for a short nap as we drove to Miniature world. My children were in mini-golf heaven, but Amber's kids barely played 2 holes. Tate did enjoy the gocarts though and then we went to the Olive Garden for dinner.

The next day, we were introduced to the world of geocaching which Mikie enjoyed immensely since it involves numbers. (Amber, we tried it here in VA and our GPS isn't specific enough so we'll probably be buying the junior geocaching one for Mikie).
Mikie finds his first geocach and then we went to the Pizza Factory for supper (we missed you Calvin!)
Mikie finds his second geocach and gets so excited when he can trade his toy animal for a ruler! (seriously, what kid trades a toy for a ruler?)
He was measuring everything within reach until we got to the next geocach and the thought of blowing bubbles trumped the fun of measuring; so, the ruler was exchanged for a bottle of bubbles.

At the last geocach site (Thanks, Caraugh & John) Mikie held on to his bubbles, but Zachary traded his in for a plastic basketball.
Not so sure about the gorillas. 
They were also hesitant to get any closer to the elephants.

The night before Tate's party the kids had a movie night.

Once the popcorn was gone, the bowls were used as entertainment.TATE'S 4th BIRTHDAY PARTY:
Dinosaur Theme

Follow the prints...to find your gear....put on your hat....the party's here!

Tate looks like a real paleontologist!
Even Mikie wore the hat (for all of about 2 minutes). I guess if I want to get him to try new things I just need to write directions on giant dinosaur feet!
Swinging with the dinosaurs.
A nest of bouncing light up hatching dino babies.
They turned their swing set into "Mount Tate". The volcano was a great focal point for the party and the kids loved climbing up/behind it.
The zip line was transformed into a Pteranodon In Training ride.(Amber has better/more picts on her blog)
Brachiosauraus Burgers
Fossil Fruit Salad (bones in the strata)
Mesozoic Muffins in dino shapes
Painting a dinosaur
Decorating dino bags
Dinosaur Story Time
Digging up dino bones in the excavation site

Mikie finds a T-rex
Next it was time for a fossil hunt and assembly
While I was snapping pictures and holding Zach, another Dad helped Mikie assemble his raptor.I guess this is a good place to insert how proud I was of Mikie that day. I really thought he would end up in tears if he didn't get exactly what he wanted (like the right dino in the sand, or the right color of fossil), but he didn't. He was kind and even got excited for Ayden when she was the lucky one to draw the color pink. I'm so glad he's 4 now!
Mikie shows us which "half" he wants to eat. By the way, when I asked him what his favorite part of the party was he replied: "Eating the cake!"
One of the MANY favors the kids got was a dinosaur lollipop (which was Mikie's second favorite part of the party) and I'm sure it was Zach's favorite as well because once he got his lollipop, he climbed up on the swing set and didn't move for about 30 minutes.
Amber did an outstanding job with this party (again my blog is only a summary...If you are reading this for ideas please visit her blog) and the weather cooperated for the 4th year in a row. It was an absolutely gorgeous (almost hot) day and I was so glad we were able to be there. Thank you, Amber, for allowing us to be a part of your lives and celebrations.
The LOOT:
After the party we loaded the kids in the car for a short nap as we drove to Miniature world. My children were in mini-golf heaven, but Amber's kids barely played 2 holes. Tate did enjoy the gocarts though and then we went to the Olive Garden for dinner.
The next day, we were introduced to the world of geocaching which Mikie enjoyed immensely since it involves numbers. (Amber, we tried it here in VA and our GPS isn't specific enough so we'll probably be buying the junior geocaching one for Mikie).
Mikie finds his first geocach and then we went to the Pizza Factory for supper (we missed you Calvin!)
Mikie finds his second geocach and gets so excited when he can trade his toy animal for a ruler! (seriously, what kid trades a toy for a ruler?)
He was measuring everything within reach until we got to the next geocach and the thought of blowing bubbles trumped the fun of measuring; so, the ruler was exchanged for a bottle of bubbles.
At the last geocach site (Thanks, Caraugh & John) Mikie held on to his bubbles, but Zachary traded his in for a plastic basketball.A VISIT TO THE FRIENDLIEST DENTIST WE KNOW:
Dr. Wyman
Dr. Wyman
Zachary had a much different experience:


Thanks again, Amber, for watching my boys. I wish I could find a dentist that offers baby sitting services out here :)


Thanks again, Amber, for watching my boys. I wish I could find a dentist that offers baby sitting services out here :) DINNER AT THE STELLERS:
Grant shows Mikie his new baby chicks.
This was one of the first times Mikie has ever held a bat. He kept asking me to throw the ball to him and he actually hit it a few times. While I know he had fun, I'm certain that given a choice the child would choose a golf club over a baseball bat anyday!
It was so much fun to be back in our old stomping grounds watching the boys play again. We all really miss our friends!
Grant shows Mikie his new baby chicks.
This was one of the first times Mikie has ever held a bat. He kept asking me to throw the ball to him and he actually hit it a few times. While I know he had fun, I'm certain that given a choice the child would choose a golf club over a baseball bat anyday!Of course, I could not get them to look at me at the same time. So I had to post two pictures.
It was so much fun to be back in our old stomping grounds watching the boys play again. We all really miss our friends!Holley, thank you so much for cooking for us and inviting us over. We loved exploring your farm and visiting with you. I'm sad that I didn't get a picture with you while I was there.
I'm so blessed to have you in my life and to be able to call you my friend. I learn so much from you and treasure every moment we get to share whether it be in person, on the phone, or through the computer. We had so much fun just being with you guys! Thank you for opening your home to us for the week and for everything else you did/have done/will do for me and the boys. We love your friendship and pray that someday we'll be able to live closer to you all.















Oh, great pictures! I loved seeing the geocaching ones because I didn't get any of those.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words. We loved having you guys over! There is no way that party would have been as good had you not been there to help. And seriously, some day when I find the secret to your and your mom's energy I am going to bottle it and make a million!
Cute party. :) I love the rain forest cafe. Haven't been since before Natalie came a long...had forgotten how much fun it can be for little ones. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad that dinner was able to work out. You girls needed a break after that TREMENDOUS effort that was put forth for Tate's super party! I agree it was so much fun to watch the kids play together again. I can not tell you how impressed with Mikie's behavior I was (Zachary's too but I have known Mikie for longer :)). Great job Tracy! :)
ReplyDelete