



Michael finished a little early and the boys woke up from their naps in time to head to the beach. We opted for the lagoon with calm waters and the pool with waterfalls and slides.
It took Zachary a long time to warm up to the idea that having sand on his feet didn't mean certain and immediate death.
Can you tell by his coiled up position that there's sand at the bottom of this body of water. He definitely prefers the cement bottoms of pools.
Michael helps Mikie catch some baby fish. Don't worry, we practiced the catch and release policy.
Family picture at the lagoon. Now for all of you out there who didn't know (or haven't seen) that my husband has tattoos (plural!) I'm sure you'll be enlarging this picture and gasping in horror. Can you believe I married him? I really dislike them and try to avoid capturing them on film whenever possible.....too bad he wouldn't agree to wear a sun shirt like the children.
A quick shower and change and it's time for another night out courtesy of Super Boagie. This time we met up with Michael's college friend, and his wife, who is enjoying 6 months of work in Hawaii. We ate at the Beach House Steak House which used to be the Banyan Tree Veranda at the Sheraton Moana Surf Rider. It was a great evening of fellowship and fun.
While we dined on steak and wine, Boagie and the boys had a pizza picnic on the floor of the hotel. (Don't feel bad for her, she truly does love to be with the boys no matter what! And while this is a step down from Haleiwa Joes....well...ok...maybe a few flights of steps down....it is definitely a step up from McDonalds....see post from day 2) 

Boagie always looks like she is having a blast with the boys, and vice-versa!
ReplyDeleteSo impressed that Mikie actually puts his head under the water...Gunner tries to swim with his head as far out of the water as possible!
I FINALLY get to see the tatoos talked about on WMW!
Wow, I'm just now getting time to catch up on your blog. I love your Hawaii stories. I'm going to try to sneak in your suitcase next time. :-) I have never been to Hawaii but the pictures are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love the Zachary monkey pictures! Too cute! Looks like Mikie is doing great at swimming. Where do you find the adorable clothes for the boys? I love what they had on at the zoo.
I didn't know that Michael had tattoos. :-) Never would have guessed it.
What a wonderful time you all had! I haven't been to Hawaii in so long, I think I'll be ready to go soon.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry Michael. I'll stand up for you! You're tattoos are not a bad thing!
What a lovely day in the sun! The coconut waffles were so delicious but my favorite was having that picnic with my two special little boys all by myself. We had a lot of fun!!!
ReplyDelete