Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Day Out With Thomas

The last day of our trip.


For the second year in a row, we stayed at the Red Caboose Motel before having a "Day Out With Thomas" the next day. Both boys were very excited to be staying in the blue #37 caboose. Michael and I were a little less enthusiastic. During the past 10 days we've slept on some pretty bad beds, but this one topped them all. The entire caboose was titled slightly, so we felt as if we were falling out of bed the whole night. The boys, however, each got their own bunk bed. Mikie actually slept on the top this time and Zachary really wanted to, but that was just a trip to the ER waiting to happen; so, he was tucked in on the bottom bunk and surprisingly stayed put the entire night. This was only the second night he had slept in a big boy bed. The pack n play still keeps him contained on our trips and he falls asleep easier too. Hopefully he won't be transitioning out of the crib at home for while. Baby jail prevails!











Mikie on the top bunk.






Climbing up! Such a little guy with a big attitude!

A Day Out With Thomas






Mavis was here this year.




Toby was here again.





I still can't believe this is the 3rd year we've seen Thomas. Zachary was only 20 days old the first time we went.




Posing with the breakdown train.

Mikie wanted to ride on the 99 coach. It was a bit chilly that day, but thankfully it didn't start to rain until right before we were ready to leave.

Ready to ride down the rails.

My boys!

The conductor punched the boys' tickets with the letter of their names.



The cranky cars are always one of Mikie's favorites.

This year Zachary was big enough to do it all by himself. Even though he is fussing a little in the video, he really did like it. He just didn't want Mikie to get too far ahead of him.



Here's a video of the boys on the cranky cars:


A little ride on Cagney


We got our workout making this one go down and back on the railroad track.

Tattoo time!




After playing with the train table, meeting Sir Topham Hatt, and getting a few souvenirs, it was time to drive home and sleep in our own beds! My boys really do travel well and are usually better behaved than when we are at home (especially when mini-golf is involved). I love spending time as a family and wish we could have a 10 day vacation every month! (If only we could figure out how to take our own bed along with us)

3 comments:

  1. I love the photo with Zachary and his punched ticket...he has the sweetest little smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you know I'll have to reminisce about our first trip to Thomas when Zach was only 20 days old. . .and of course to remind Michael of Ayden's special diaper explosion. I know he must have nightmares about that sometimes. . .;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you planning on taking a Thomas trip every year??? Glad everyone had fun. The video was good, I didn't expect Zachary to be going so fast (Good job Zach!)

    Zachary is so serious in so many pictures BUT when he does smile...it's just the BIGGEST & BRIGHTEST & CUTEST! I think it's time for a BIG boy bed (I'll come and help ;)

    ReplyDelete