For over a month, probably closer to 2 months, Mikie has been asking to go mini-golfing with Kaitlyn and Lily. Each time we tried to go to Just Putt N Around it was closed due to the threat of pending thunderstorms. So when we tried the third time, on this bright clear day, we thought for sure it was going to work out. Wouldn't you know that the course was closed again and would not re-open until the next day. Luckily, we had a back-up mini-golf course and this one was open! The kids played 2 rounds (36 holes) and would have played another round if we would have let them.



One morning before church, I sat Zachary up on the sink of our master bathroom. He watched me closely as I was putting on my make-up. I handed him the brush, thinking that he would put a little on his face, but he started helping me. It was so precious I had to have Michael grab the camera.



Mikie started his second year of Cubbies (AWANAS for 3-4 year olds). Last year it was a constant struggle to get him to put the vest on and wear it inside his classroom. He would leave it on until he said his memory verse and then immediately took it off. This year he bulked a little about having to wear it, but I told him that now that he was in the 4 year old class he needed to wear it all the time just like his friends. When I went to pick him up after the hour and a half, I completely expected to see the vest folded up in his bag. I was shocked and so proud to see that he was still wearing it!!!!!!! Now, we just need to work on wearing clothes with zippers!
I wanted Mikie to experience a Vacation Bible School that included 4 year olds so I found one at a church close to our house. They were using the curriculum from last year's theme so Mikie was already familiar with the lyrics of the songs from the CD that I have. He was a little shy the first day, but had such a good time he looked forward to going back each day that week. The only bad thing is that it was in the evening and didn't end until 8:30. Michael was also gone this week so I had to make sure Zachary stayed awake long enough to go pick Mikie up. Here is a video of him singing one of the songs he learned:
One of the many slides Zachary and Mikie had fun on at an indoor inflatable station in Woodbridge called Kids N Motion.



Mikie started his second year of Cubbies (AWANAS for 3-4 year olds). Last year it was a constant struggle to get him to put the vest on and wear it inside his classroom. He would leave it on until he said his memory verse and then immediately took it off. This year he bulked a little about having to wear it, but I told him that now that he was in the 4 year old class he needed to wear it all the time just like his friends. When I went to pick him up after the hour and a half, I completely expected to see the vest folded up in his bag. I was shocked and so proud to see that he was still wearing it!!!!!!! Now, we just need to work on wearing clothes with zippers!
I wanted Mikie to experience a Vacation Bible School that included 4 year olds so I found one at a church close to our house. They were using the curriculum from last year's theme so Mikie was already familiar with the lyrics of the songs from the CD that I have. He was a little shy the first day, but had such a good time he looked forward to going back each day that week. The only bad thing is that it was in the evening and didn't end until 8:30. Michael was also gone this week so I had to make sure Zachary stayed awake long enough to go pick Mikie up. Here is a video of him singing one of the songs he learned:One of the many slides Zachary and Mikie had fun on at an indoor inflatable station in Woodbridge called Kids N Motion.



I want that special makeup artist to fix my face sometime. His expression was so serious as he was helping mommy be pretty.
ReplyDeleteLoved the golf pictures; in the first one Zachary looks so grown up.
Mikie you are such a BIG Cubbie wearing your vest and you look so HANDSOME in it. You also did very good singing your song and doing the hand motions. I love the part unbreakable and unshakable, you do that awesome.
Good job Mikie wearing your vest!
ReplyDeleteGlad he enjoyed VBS...since I help plan ours, we had 3 year olds last year, and 4 yr olds this year, he had a blast both years and the music was his fav part (I have been playing "beach party surfin' the wave of god" in the car for over a year now).
Maybe Zachary can be makeup artist to the stars and score his first subject, Mom, tickets to the Oscars one day...ha, ha...it was adorable!