Before living in WA, I would have cancelled this trip due to the rainy forecast; however, those two years on Whidbey Island taught us that we can still have a great time despite a few raindrops. So, for the second year in a row we attended the National Book Festival on the Mall in D.C. Mikie and I fought through the crowds of people to get his map stamped at every state's booth (his favorite part of the day). I was very disappointed that The Magic School Bus wasn't there this year and that the line was closed to see the Target dog, Bullseye, by the time we got there. Even though we didn't get a chance to listen to any authors, the boys did get to see a little bit of the Elmo show while sitting on our shoulders in a tent crowded with people trying to get out of the rain. The usual characters were there, plus a few extras.
Big Family Visit
9 years ago













Love the new banner. :) The book festival sounds amazing, even if it did rain. I'd like to try to take my girls next year!
ReplyDeleteSounds fun! Good thing you learned the rain lesson early while you were here or you would have gone nowhere! Can't wait to see you guys.
ReplyDeleteI need you to plan an itinerary for me and my kids...you always know the happenings around town and then get the most out of wherever you are! I say every year I will remember the Virginia State Fair (since I can't fly to Iowa for the real deal) and I always forget!
ReplyDeleteVery educational, nice to know each planet has a symbol and earth's is the easiest to draw :) I also loved the last picture.
ReplyDeleteHalloween costume idea...hungry caterpiller (would be easy to make) and the others can be the fruits he ate.