Sunday, December 14, 2008

Boagie's (Extended) Visit

My mom may have felt like her decision to visit her grandchildren was spur of the moment since we bought the ticket on Thursday and she flew out here on Saturday, but God had this planned all along. I'm convinced that He knew I would need my mom at this particular time and you will find out why later in this post.


We picked Boagie up from the Richmond airport at noon on Saturday and headed to Short Pump Mall to eat at Firebirds, ride the little train, and throw pennies into the fountain. The next day we all went to church and then to Mikie's friend's birthday party. A day and a half later....we all woke up with a bad stomach flu. It hit Zachary first and then Mikie a few hours later. By morning, Michael and my mom were sick. I must have willed myself to stay healthy long enough to steamvac the vomit off the floor and start some loads of laundry before finally giving in to that icky feeling in my stomach and spending the rest of the afternoon and evening on the couch. Michael started feeling a little better and had to fly to NC for a conference. About the time I started feeling bad, my mom was feeling better; but, everytime I stood up I felt like I could pass out. This is why I am convinced that God sent my mom here to take care of the boys so I wasn't going through this alone and fainting on the floor. Since my mom obviously wasn't getting on a plane that evening, she postponed her trip home until Friday giving us an extra 3 days with her. Thanks for being here mom. So sorry you had to get sick!



While trying to get over the stomach bug, most of our time was spent hanging around the house in our pj's. Here are a few pictures of Mikie's new pajamas that Boagie bought at Target....even though they were girl jammies she just couldn't resist buying him his favorite animal in his favorite color: PINK ELEPHANTS!







You can see how happy they make him! They even have pink satin on the inside!


Once everyone was feeling better, the boys opened their Christmas presents from Boagie and Grandpa. Mikie got accessories for his Thomas Track and Zachary got this cute puppy that barks and walks when you put the ball in his mouth. I think it startled him at first because he didn't know it was going to take the ball and walk away with it, but now he really likes it. If you'd like to see how the puppy works you can watch Zachary on video by clicking here.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the kind of dog to have....no messes, just barking and playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I was there. What's a little (or a LOT) of flu when I get to have extra time with my grandsons. The video was cute.
    I deleted my first comment because your next blog was what I commented on.

    ReplyDelete