Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jacob's Dinosaur Party

In November, while Boagie was here, we went to Jacob's fourth birthday party. Kim did an excellent job with the theme. These pictures don't even begin to portray how awesome it was! It looked like this throughout the entire first floor! Upon arrival, the boys could play with dinosaurs, dino puzzles, dino books, dino bowling, and they could stamp dino's on a thank you card. Every food had a dino label and fit the theme perfectly.
The highlight was exploding the volcano! They each got a turn scooping in the baking soda and then pouring in the vinegar to make it fizz. Even Zachary got a turn. He had no trouble putting in the soda, but didn't want to pour in the vinegar. I think he had watched it enough times and knew that is what made it fizz and probably thought it was hot or could hurt him in some way.

Time to pop dino balloons for a dino surprise inside!



Next, crawl through the dino tunnel to the excavation site for some diggin' fun!



Kim had dino shaped cookies for the kids to decorate and chocolate chip cookies with toothpicks for them to "excavate" their chips out of their cookies. She even provided them with magnifying glasses to aid in the digging. Mikie said making and eating the cookie was his favorite part of the party.





Finally, time to blow out the candles on his adorable T-rex cake. We had so much fun at the party that it didn't really matter that our take home gift was the stomach flu! I know with 2 boys I will eventually have a dinosaur birthday party and I will be using ALL these ideas! Great job, Kim!






3 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a great party. I love the picture of Zachary and his magnifying glass. I think all the kids enjoyed the cookie, frosting, sugar high. They did an excellent job on them. It was cute that Jacob gave his daddy a bite of his cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUR NEW HOME PAGE! Who's your great photographer???ha.ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of doing a dino party for Gunner next year...as his current obsessions are dinosaurs and Lightning McQueen, thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete