
Mikie pretends to steer the aircraft carrier. There was a video display of jets being launched from the deck of the boat and Mikie just found it fascinating.
This is the cute little flight suit that I bought for Mikie 3 years ago. Boagie took all the existing patches off and replaced them with Michael's squadron patches and name tag. I thought it would be fun for Zachary to wear it to the museum. I heard so many people say "Oh look at how cute he is!" (etc.) One little girl said to her mother, "Mommy look! It's a little military boy."
He's adorable isn't he? :)
My favorite exhibits were about space. Here they are in front of a solar system display. Mikie was really good at remembering all of the planets and their order.
My boys!!!
In front of the rockets.
On the spur of the moment (and with Mikie's help) I came up with this idea for Michael's cake and Mikie helped decorate it:

Recently, Mikie really enjoys watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" on t.v. If you haven't seen it let me explain: There is always an adventure that Mickey has to go on and in the process they have to solve 4 problems using their "Mouse-ka-tools" that come from this flying mouse shaped computer type thing called "Tootles". I was just going to make a Mickey Mouse cake but then Mikie said, "It can be Tootles" Which led me to create an entire adventure for Michael to solve when we got home from the museum. Mikie was SO EXCITED! He wanted to tell Daddy so badly throughout the day and I kept having to "shhsh" him so he wouldn't ruin the surprise. In the 3 videos below (be sure to watch them in order) you'll see how it all comes together with one extremely happy little boy giggling the whole time!


You are just way too creative. I want to go to the Air and Space museum! I know Calvin would love it. The pictures of Zachary in the flight suit are absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeleteCute cake!!! I admire you for braving the trip up to DC with two boys...I'm not up to that without help yet. ;) My brother had a couple of those little flight suits--his were AF. Zachary looks adorable. :)
ReplyDeleteZachary is so cute I just want to squeeze him...adorable flight suit!
ReplyDeleteZachary is so cute in the flight suit.
ReplyDeleteMikie you did a very good job keeping a surprise from Daddy and helping him with all the Tootle clues when you got home. The cake was fantastic...wish I could have been there to share a piece.
The videos were so cute... I love Mikie's laugh.
Happy Birthday Michael!
ReplyDeleteZachary was adorable! I remember when you put that on Mikie and he had basically grown out of it! It fits Zach perfectly! So, So, cute.
What a cute idea and it looked like Mikie was having such a good time. Glad you had such a great day!
Happy Birthday Michael! Just curious, what day was your birthday? I just celebrated my 37th on Dec. 26.
ReplyDeleteThe cake idea was great! Very clever. It was adorable to listen to Mikie's laugh.
Zachary looks so adorable in the flight suit! You just want to give him a big hug.
The family picture on front of the Christmas tree is wonderful! It sounds like you all had a great Christmas.
Btw, I am mesmerized by the glittery diamonds in the new background on your blog. I am like a racoon or squirrel--drawn inexplicably to shiny things. Very pretty!
ReplyDelete