Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Zachary is 15 months old

Today Zachary is 15 months old. We had another ENT appointment and found out his ears are crystal clear and his hearing is perfectly normal....so no tubes...as of now. Hopefully, now that we know he is allergic to eggs and milk we can prevent future ear infections. He is a fearless little boy who is always climbing, throwing a ball, pushing a truck or train, dancing to music, and copying his big brother. He can say: duck, ball, fish, please, cheese (when smiling for the camera), moo, baa baa, makes pig snorting noises, bock-bock (chicken), roars like a dinosaur, pants like a dog, screeches when he sees a cat, can sign "more," "eat," "all done," and shakes his head yes when asked if he wants something. He is able to follow simple directions "pick up the block and bring it to mommy" "throw this in the garbage" etc.



While Mikie is in gymnastics, Zachary and Mommy have mini-tot tumble time. He loves to throw the blocks into the foam pit, run on the trampoline, and climb through, up, and over all the obstacles. He can tuck his head and do a somersault with help.
He has finally reached 20 pounds and is now enjoying the view from his car seat facing forwards. He has started really hating being in the car and is only pacified by snacks, which I delve out readily so that he isn't screaming. He looks so teeny, tiny next to Mikie whenever I look back at them.

One of the cutest things our little guy does is play duck, duck, goose. He'll walk around bopping you on the head saying duck, duck, and "oose" and then run away. He loves to be chased and dances to Mikie's THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS CD. He gives high fives and kisses and loves to play on Mikie's bed with his blankie. We love you, Zachary Frederick!


3 comments:

  1. He's growing up so fast. Loved the video him reading the book. Just got to thinking, bet I know why he screams kitty, cause that't the way I do when I feed them since I can't preeee to them like you and your father. I wish I was there to play duck, duck, ooze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the video. He's so cute! I wish he and Luke could get together for some playdates - I bet they would have lots of fun! Watching your boys interact is just like watching my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable that he plays duck duck, oose. :-) He's doing great with talking. I just love his little feet in the picture of him running on the trampoline. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete