Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A week in Iowa...

On July 29, my grandmother Rosemary Brown passed away. She was a kind, sweet lady whom I have so many found memories of and will miss dearly. We all hopped on a plane Thursday afternoon and flew to Iowa for the funeral. Michael flew back to VA on Monday and I stayed in IA with the boys until Friday so that we could go to the Iowa State Fair.



(I just spent over an hour trying to figure out how to put pictures in and they still look all mixed up! I give up! You'll just have to view it this way...I think I'll stick with Photoshow!)



Sigourney Tractor Implement 10 Year Customer Appreciation



While in Sigourney, the local John Deere Company had a customer appreciation day complete with inflatables, petting zoo, and the Oak Ridge Brothers performance. It was a HOT HUMID day....
Daddy & Mikie on a really big slide.

Daddy & Zachary navigate through the Rat Race Maze.






















Cooling off with a snow cone on this VERY hot day! Mikie's dripping with sweat. (I miss Washington!)





Iowa State Fair

















Of course, one of Mikie's favorite exhibits at the fair was the train building. He didn't want to leave but we had a lot more of the fair to see.












Petting a baby piglet!









At the Little Hands exhibit, the boys had a lot of fun being 'farmers'


Zachary picking an apple:

I just love this picture!!!

In the chicken coop:

Mikie wouldn't drive the tractor, but Zach enjoyed it!













Milking a cow













After they completed all their chores, they took their products to a pretend farmers market and received $1.00 that they could then spend in the grocery store. Mikie bought a popsicle and Zachary got a cereal bar.





















Into the Butterfly House













It is so hard to get a good picture of Mikie these days. I was happy that this one turned out so well. Too bad I couldn't get one of the both of them.














A butterfly landed on my mom's face.



1 comment:

  1. Loved the picture of the boys together in the hen house. Still remember how scared Mikie was two years ago.

    ReplyDelete