


Zachary is now 13 months old and weighs 16 lbs 13 oz. He has gained 12 oz this past month thanks to the Pedisure he drinks instead of milk (he stopped nursing last week). He is fearless and into everything (I have a little 'Jack' on my hands). He is constantly climbing, dancing, throwing balls (and food from his high chair...hand slapping doesn't even make him cry....trust me...I AM doing it hard enough), and is now running to keep up with his big brother. He will jabber non stop but only says a few words (and you have to use your imagination to know that they are indeed words)....out, cat, dog, ball, duck (or it could be quack? not sure) and I think he is saying please which comes out like "deese". Michael and I swear one night last week after we said grace he said quiet clearly "Amen" but he hasn't done it since. (Once doesn't count in my book.....but does in Boagie's so I suppose I should write it down)
After battling an ear infection for 2 months (got his first molar) and then the hand, foot, and mouth disease for a week, we had 2 healthy days and then he developed a runny nose that lasted over 2 weeks (during which he was getting his second molar). He was so congested and cranky all the time, but thankfully it didn't lead to another ear infection (Praise God, ears have been clear for 1 month now) so we finally gave him some Clarinex this past Friday. OH MY GOSH..........I should have done that a LONG time ago.........he is now "Claritin Clear"! It immediately stopped the runny nose and improved his disposition immensely! Don't get me wrong...he's still a much fussier and more demanding baby than Mikie ever was, but at least now he is smiling, laughing, and running around acting silly again. He has the same belly laugh that Mikie did (and still has). There's nothing better than hearing the laughter of my two boys...well...there is one thing better... the laughter of my two HEALTHY boys!
I hope this doesn't sound selfish, but I feel like I have been robbed out of so many moments with him because for the past 3 months (since May 19th) he has been sick with one thing or another! Those are 3 months that I can never get back and will always look back on as having a grumpy, ill little boy. I'm so sorry, Zachary!


Adorable pictures!! I think the second one is my favorite. I'm so glad to hear he is feeling much better. He sure is a cutie.
ReplyDeleteTracy, thanks for this post. I have been dealing with a lot with Salla being a "fussy" baby. (Seth prefers "spirited") Whatever you call it, I am burnout and ready for something to give! (BTW, we spent last week home with hand, foot, mouth disease! Did you know adults can get it too? fun!). I keep blaming the molars on Salla's poor disposition, but motrin doesn't seem to be as effective as I'd hope. She's had a runny nose for a couple weeks now with no other cold symptoms. Perhaps I will look into allergies...Did you take Zachary to the doctor first? How did you decide on a Clarinex (since there's so many choices these days)? Thanks again, I truly understand what you mean about looking back and thinking you just have a grumpy kid!
ReplyDeleteI have been there girl! Hudson was sick from the time he was 6 weeks old until he was 6 months old...I am SO not kidding! First came the runny nose, then the ear / chest infection, it took 2 weeks to get well and only about 5-7 days would go by b-4 I was whipping out the nebulizer again..you know it's bad when your doc gives you a refill for antibiotics! We already had Gunner on Singulair year round, and we put Hudson on Clarinex for the end of spring & summer and it has made a huge difference in both of them. It even helps decrease the liklihood a virus will turn into an infection because allergy kids will get resulting infections more easily. I have been lucky, in that Hudson's disposition is 100% more agreeable than Gunner's was with allergies / colds, but it is so, so, so frustrating when you can't seem to keep one of your kids well and you miss out on fun because you are busy worrying about how bad the next runny nose is going to get! Glad things r getting better!
ReplyDeleteOh, I so know what you mean about losing memories and time because of the grumpiness. That was how I felt about Jack's whole first year. Now I just feel guilty because I can't spend as much time baby cuddling with Bradley, and when I am cuddling with Bradley I feel guilty that I can't be reading with Jack. Who is now crying and I need to go.
ReplyDelete