
Just recently, Mikie has said a few funny/cute things that I have to get written down somewhere before I end up forgetting them. So, I thought this was a good place to post them:
When we were getting ready to take Zachary to his first ENT appoint I told Mikie that we would be seeing a new doctor today and her name was Dr. Redmon....his response: "Where's Dr. Bluemon?"
When Mikie had Hand Foot and Mouth disease, we went through a Mc Donald's drive through and I asked him if he wanted a Cheeseburger Happy Meal. He told me: "No, I'm not feeling well. I want a Cheeseburger SAD meal."
While at my parents' house he told my dad that he couldn't play anymore because "All the helium went out of my arms."
Zachary had on a pair of overalls with metal buckles the other day and Mikie informed me that he couldn't sit next to Zach because "he has weird clothes on". (This is from my son who has a zipper phobia)
Michael was talking on the phone with our financial advisor and Mikie had something that he really wanted to ask him but I told him to wait until Michael was off the phone. After a while, I heard him say, "Daddy sure is talking a long time!"
On Sunday we drove 30 minutes to Kings Dominion (amusement park) and we really needed Mikie to nap so that he would be cooperative. We told him that we would wake him up when we got to the exit (which he knows is #98). The entire way he was telling us that his eyes just wouldn't stay closed and they kept coming open. When we reached exit 98 Mikie exclaimed "Exit 98! I can wake up now. Exit 98! I woke up...see my eyes are open."
This one is an OLD one, but it's got to be one of my favorites so I'll include it: While at a zoo in Germany, Mikie had just turned 2 a couple months prior and had to use the potty. I took him into a stall and the sun was shinning quite brightly through the window above the toilet making our shadows appear on the ground. Now keep in mind it was a pretty windy day and my hair was not pulled into a ponytail making it very 'fluffy'. Mikie saw the shadow of my head/hair on the ground and said "Look, Mommy...it's a lion!"
And not too long ago I said something that I tend to think on a regular basis now that I have 2 children. I said, "This house is such a mess" to which Mikie replied: "Maybe we should move to another house."
Whew, I feel better that I finally posted this. It's all been written down on a post-it and I was afraid I was going to forget to do it. I should start a little section each week for funny sayings like my friend, Kelli, has on her blog. But, I'm not sure Mikie says as many funny things as Lenny does. Maybe now that he's getting closer to 4 he will. I hope so...it's so cute to hear what they come up with!


That was such a cute post Tracy! They come up with the funniest things don't they! Grant the other night fell out of his bed for the first time ever (something to do with sleeping on the ground when camping I am sure). He came into our room sobbing and crying and I asked him what happened. He replies "My pillow pushed me off my bed." James and I had tears in our eyes we were trying so hard to keep from laughing. Vicious pillows! ;-)
ReplyDeleteThose are really cute! I was smiling each time I read on to the next one. I really chuckled about the "look it's a lion" one. That is so cute!
ReplyDeleteYou should definitely post them all the time. I love reading about what kids say. They are so sweet and innocent and learning so much that it's adorable to hear what they say.
Too funny! I absolutely love hearing the things that come out of their mouths. I have a little notebook - Calvin and Luke each have a section - and I write down things they say or do that I want to remember in it (okay, so I'm not always the best about remembering to write them...). I like "this house is such a mess". I say that ALL the time too. Must be the two boys...
ReplyDeletewhat a fantastic idea. A day doesn't go buy when Seth and I bust out laughing at something Ethan has said. Mikie is so cute!
ReplyDeletethose are GREAT!! i had some true "loud out loud" moments reading those.
ReplyDelete