Monday, November 1, 2010

Z-A-C-H-A-R-Y




Zachary and I are involved in a preschool co-op with 5 other moms and their children. We take turns once a week teaching phonics and a lesson usually based on a letter or a book. Zachary learned the letters and sounds a lot more quickly than I thought he would. We started the co-op in April and on October 18th, he read his first book. God has truly gifted my child with the ability to sound out words!
Here's a video from MAY when he was trying to spell his colors:

And another video from MAY when he counted his numbers on a dot to dot with Boagie:

And to see how much he's changed in 6 months, watch this video of him sounding out rhyming words on a worksheet in October:

Below are some pictures from our co-op back in May.
When I taught about the letter "F" the kids listened to "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly" and then made their own old ladies who could eat each animal. Then we decorated Flags for snack



At another co-op at my house, I read Dr. Seuss' "Ten Apples Up On Top" and then the kids stacked 10 apples on their heads (with the help of skewers)And then this was just a funny picture that I had to squeeze in somewhere....
Zachary woke up from his nap with some CRAZY hair!


1 comment:

  1. Go Zachary! Good job reading! I love that hair. LOL. Doesn't even look like him, especially how he is biting his lower lip.

    ReplyDelete