Sunday, November 7, 2010

Persephone

I've wanted a Persian cat (the cute kind with long hair and a smooshed face) ever since I saw the beautiful cat on the Fancy Feast commercial. While searching for the perfect kitten online, I was drawn to the "pointed Himalayan." The ones that are all white or cream with tips of color on their ears, paws, and tail. And then, I discovered a breed that they call "teacup kittens" and "minis." Teacups only grow to be 4 pounds or less and Mini's are between 4-6 pounds. The waiting list for these types of kittens fill up fast (in fact, while the mother is pregnant before the kittens are even born!) So I was thrilled, when I found this little 9 week kitten that was still available. She's a "blue cream point Himalayan Persian mini" and she was in Palm Springs, CA. The more I learned about this kitten, the more I wanted her. Luckily, I have a husband who can't say no to me and allowed me to fly all the way to CA to get her as my early Christmas present!

Here's my baby girl when I picked her up at the Palm Springs airport at 11 weeks: We named her Persephone, but the boys call her "baby girl" most of the time.
The boys woke up and welcomed our new kitten by giving her a tour of our house and their toys.

She brings such happiness to our family, especially to sick little boys.
Her eyes really don't look like this. She's much cuter in person!







She's a perfect fit for our family and has stolen all our hearts!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little white kitty! She is welcomed into a very loving family! Enjoy her! I didn't realize to you printed this that she came from "CA". you could have named her CA Jr. like your father did with BJ, ha.ha.

    ReplyDelete