Monday, September 6, 2010

Zachary's first sleepover & more

Mikie had his first sleep over at the Wyman's while I went to the hospital to have Zachary 3 years ago. So, when the Shay's volunteered to keep our kids overnight I had Kathy snap a few pictures of his first sleepover. This one cracks me up! Lily loves Zachary and is always trying to hug him a bit too long and a bit too hard. The look on Zach's face pretty much says it all "What is she going to do to me now?"
Kathy said he went to bed with only a tiny teary moment and slept all night long.
Ready for bed.
With Mikie now in Kindergarten, Zachary and I spent the first few weeks of our "one on one time" playing in parks and feeding the ducks.
The boys always felt sorry for this one goose and nicknamed him "hurtwing." We hadn't seen this particular goose for a while and Mikie was getting worried about him. As soon as we picked Mikie up from school, Zachary told him that we did indeed see Hurtwing again!
One day, Zachary pulled out my Discovery Toys Word Flip game and began adding the two dice together. I didn't know he knew how to add!
It appears that I have another mathematician in my midst.


Of course, big brother has a lot of influence on what Zachary is learning. It is a little strange to hear a three year old singing the alphabet of nations:


And this video is a bit sad, but too cute! Zach tells us that the stage was too "Slip-a-ly"

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I remember Mikie's first sleepover. He did a great job. Zachary sure is getting big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way Zachary is adding! It still amazes me that nation song, dinosaur song, etc that they can sing! I can't even pronounce them & they have them all memeorized.

    Kinda sad to see CA in the background of the video. But he's not hurting anymore.

    ReplyDelete