Our trip to Graves Mountain during their harvest festival was successful but disappointing. We drove to the mountains to get away from the crowds and ran smack dab into "an ant farm." That's how the festival felt....too many people pushing their way through little paths and trails. Not to mention that it was overpriced to play on the inflatables. So, we skipped the festival, walked across the road and found room to breathe in the pick-your-own apple orchard. Most of the apples that were left were out of the kids' reach, but with a boost from Daddy they managed to fill a few bags.
I wish I could blame the sun for both of their sullen faces, but the reality is that's just Mikie's attitude shining through. But thankfully, that changed once we got to the orchard.
Feeling happier!
He was so scared that Michael was going to drop him!


One for each hand!
I wish I could blame the sun for both of their sullen faces, but the reality is that's just Mikie's attitude shining through. But thankfully, that changed once we got to the orchard.
Feeling happier!
He was so scared that Michael was going to drop him!

One for each hand!Mott's Run Reservoir
It felt as if autumn took a long time to show it's colors this year. We did see a few trees changing when we went on a hike at Mott's Run. I still can't believe that I lived here for so long and didn't know about this amazing Oasis in this sprawling city! It has hiking trails, a nature center where you can watch a snake eat a mouse, and water for the boys to throw small hard objects into! I wish I would have known about this place 3 years ago!









Nice pictures. Love the one with Zachary holding an apple in each hand. Looks yummy :)Good thing daddy was there to lift the boys up.
ReplyDelete