Sunday, September 5, 2010

Virginia Farm Tour

The farm tours in WA were always one of my favorite annual activities while we lived there, so when I heard of one that was happening in VA, I decided we should go. While it was fun, it doesn't come close to the ones on Whidbey Island and Skagit Valley. And the weather....UGH! It was HOT! Way too hot to be on a dusty, dirty farm...but we went anyway.

Farm tours are always more fun if you have friends to go with you, so we asked the Shays to come along. Of all the kids, I can say for certain that Lily had the most fun at the farms with animals. I think she wanted to take one of the alpacas home with her. A cute moment:
The horse farm proved to be one of the kids' favorites.

They had a chance to practice jumping like a horse:
Video of them jumping:
And saw some sheep at the last farm:
At the last farm, they had pony rides, bouncy houses, and a corn box. I'll let you think about that last one after looking at this picture:
Everyone had a turn holding a baby chick.
yes...that is sweat...it was that hot! Now picture him in a sandbox filled with corn....
AN ICKY STICKY MESS!!!
I'll take the rain and mud over the heat and humidy anyday!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness! I don't think that I've ever seen Mikie sweat so much! That is crazy! Were you afraid of heat stroke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids made good horses jumping & going around the poles. Sorry it was so hot. Poor Mikie sweating, but he never slows down.

    Love the hand holding. Reminds me of a similar picture a couple years ago on July 4th.

    ReplyDelete