Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dinosaur Land (Field Trip #1)

The very first Magic Tree House book was all about Dinosaurs. I didn't come up with the whole "field trip" idea until book #2. So as we kept going forward and found a field trip for every book, I always felt that we had a loose end to tie up and wanted to take our boys to Dinosaur Land in Winchester, VA. This fall, we finally went on our field trip #1:
This entire post is filled with pictures of the dinosaur statues we encountered on the wooded path. Mikie knows all their names and if he was awake I'd caption each one, but alas...he's asleep and I want to get this post published so here are the dinos without names:

Video:








I really thought this one would set off a flood of emotions since his favorite dinosaur is being eaten...but it didn't!

Video: Reading about his favorite one:







His second favorite:

There was a beautiful sign of fall at the edge of the park:

Loose end.....tied up! Field trip #1 completed!

3 comments:

  1. That place looks amazing! I will have to take Tate and Ayden some day. I keep wanting to take them to Utah to see a real dinosaur dig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Too bad we couldn't borrow some of those for the birthday party ;p What does the 1st field trip mean? Are we starting another series?

    No surprise that Mikie knows all there names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reread the 1st paragraph and answered my stupid question.

    ReplyDelete