Sunday, December 27, 2009

Let It Snow!

The first snow fall of the season didn't produce much, but it was a very wet snow....perfect for making a snowman. I grabbed a carrot for the nose and some M&M's for his mouth and eyes. If you enlarge the picture you'll see that some of his mouth is missing, then you'll see the culprit in the foreground. :)
The second snowfall on December 19th was the biggest storm in 20 years and left us with 24 inches of snow!
The snowdrift on our deck has buried poor little Rudolph!

Later that evening the wind turned the snowdrift into a lioness guarding our house. A little eerie!
Michael shoveled the driveway 3 times during the storm in an attempt to make progress before it became too much.

The next day we went sledding down the hill at the middle school behind our house.
My boys think the best part of winter is eating the snow.




Michael shoveled a path in our backyard so we could get out of our back gate.

Here's a little sledding video taken on Christmas Eve day:

2 comments:

  1. Tell Michael he is a WONDERFUL husband & daddy to scoop for his families' safety & fun.

    I don't blame the boys for eating the snowman's mouth...if they hadn't the birds would have.

    That's a pretty big hill you get to sled on and close to your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I think Virginia is the only place we ever lived where I got to go sledding. I'm glad your boys enjoyed the snow.

    ReplyDelete