Sunday, April 19, 2009

Michael's Wetting Down

It is rare that Michael and I ever get to have a night out without the kids, but thanks to his sister living only 1 1/2 hours from us, we actually did get to enjoy good food and the company of other adults for one evening.

Michael and two other officers that work in his office are about to pin on the next rank in the Navy and therefore were required to throw a party for everyone. The "party" ended up being a nice adult only dinner at the Old Ebbitt Grill in Washington DC. We conveniently dropped the boys off with his sister and then drove to the restaurant where I had the most delicious cannelloni. The atmosphere wasn't quite as elegant as we expected, but the fellowship was a lot of fun. The night ended around 9:30 and we drove back to pick up the boys and then headed south to put them in their own beds. Overall it was a wonderful meal, a great night away, and a fun time with my husband. Oh, and a great excuse to buy a new dress:











6 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved your dress! You looked beautiful! Glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked gorgeous...I really liked the dress, and the strappy sandals were perfect with it (you know I always notice the shoes!). Congrats to your husband as well, isn't it nice to get out and remember what alone time feels like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to my favorite son-in-law. Tracy, your dress was beautiful on you. You & Michael make a very beautiful couple. You were the best dressed couple there. Glad you had a good time. Wish I lived closer so I could babysit. :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an adorable dress and cute shoes! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress!! You do me proud!! Hot mama!! ;) So glad you were able to have a nice date. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO-HOO,TRACY!! smokin' ensemble there, my friend. so glad that you and the man were able to get out for a while. "real dates" (not trips to lowe's or target) are really special and in high demand for us busy moms :0)

    ReplyDelete