Friday, April 10, 2009

Egg-citing

I liked this activity much better when I only had one child AND when it was done at Boagie's house AND when I was the one snapping the pictures/running the video camera. Before scrolling through all the pictures, be sure to watch the video of how the event started out:










Not too promising, right? Well, Zachary did end up having fun (I've included another video as evidence) and Mikie was very well behaved through the whole thing. In the end, we ended up with a dozen eggs to hang on our Easter tree, 1/2 a dozen hard boiled ones to eat, and 3 sets of very colorful hands.












They started out using the spoons....


Zachary is learning a new technique from his brother.....



And quickly decides this is the way to do it!






I now have children with Smurf hands.



Hanging the eggs on the tree.




The egg hunt for preschoolers got rained out so we ended up hunting eggs inside of the building.



Zachary, Lily, Kaitlyn, Mikie, Leah






The kids showing their full baskets.


Meeting the Easter Bunny.



Rebecca & Leah came to spend the day with us.

(Look for a future post about our adventures at the Cherry Blossom Festival)


4 comments:

  1. How fun! Mikie was so cute! You can tell he really enjoyed it. I loved how Zachary watched his big brother and got tips from him.

    Your first video reminded me of Brooke last year. She did not want to cooperate at all. There was lots of crying from her too.

    Looking forward to seeing you all this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new home page. The videos were cute. Was your egg tree part of your tree in the backyard? So cute Mikie & Leah holding hands at the egg hunt. Glad you had a fun time and yes I miss having the egg dying fun at my house also. MISS MY BIG BOYS LOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good mom. I can't bring myself to do egg-dyeing with my girls b/c it would not only take forever, but the OCD/Type A in me could not bear the mess. :s The eggs look so pretty! Where did you go on the hunt??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if that had been Luke he would have just eaten the dye tablet... You are very brave to let them both dye the eggs. I remember doing this with Calvin (alone) when he was two and the mess it made...

    ReplyDelete