We let the kids nap Sunday afternoon and then headed to the Spotsylvania Courthouse firework celebration when they woke up. In hindsight, we should have went sooner! By the time we got there, got our food, and ate, the bouncy houses were being shut down for night. Mikie and Leah were so excited to go in them...that's all they could talk about while we were walking around...and then to have them closed was so dissapointing. Mikie did get to go through an inflatable tunnel/slide twice but Leah wouldn't go with him. We ended up at the slides & swings at the top of the hill and they had a blast running around the open field. There were a lot of people and I was so afraid we would end up losing one of them. Mikie climbed to the top of a VERY tall slide, but chickened out in the end and wound up climbing back down the steps between other kids' legs. I thought he was going to knock someone else off the way he was rushing to get down. From where we sat to watch the fireworks it felt as if they were raining down on top of us. It was spectacular! We'll definitely be going back again next year!
I've already arranged Zachary's marriage to Ayden so I can have Amber as an in-law...and now....Mikie will be marrying Leah so I can have Rebecca as in-law as well. My plan is working out perfectly! Now for my future daughter?????...so many great boys to choose from!

Zachary was easily entertained with this soft baseball he got from the Emergency Room the night before. He loves throwing and I'm sure will be our little sports nut. Yes, the E.R....poor little guy has had an ear infection since May 19th. He's been on 3 different liquid medicines and had 3 days worth of shots (2 per day for a total of 6 pokes!) He's still not any better and goes to the ENT on 7/14. I have a feeling he'll be getting tubes.
Here he is with his little blankie. It was way past his bedtime and he just wanted to lay down and cuddle by himself. This is how he sleeps...with his little bum up in the air. It's so cute! He never fell asleep and the noise of the fireworks didn't bother him either. This was the first day in 2 weeks that he was feeling a little bit better and actually had fun playing.
Don't you just love the look on Mikie's face? That pretty much sums up the "attitude" he has had lately. I don't want to do it and you aren't going to make me. I'll take the punishment as long as I don't have to do what you want me to! It's so exhausting and irritating. I pray everyday for Mikie to have a change of heart attitude and know that one day God will use the Holy Spirit to work wonders in the life of His son.
Our pastor quoted an author that I can't remember right now, but I remember the quote and pray that it helps other people as much as it has helped me:
"Parenting should be measured by what the parent does, not by what the child does."



Tracy I love that quote! Too many parents try to live vicariously through their kids accomplishments to prove what good parents they are. Rather than letting the child's accomplishments be their own (the child's). Kudos to you pastor for so succinctly phrasing it!
ReplyDeleteLove the blog! I'm so glad you finally started one. :-) The pictures are great too.
ReplyDeleteI love all these blogs! I also love the quote, I will chant it to myself when Gunner throws his next "DO IT MYSELF" tantrum!
ReplyDeleteTerrific job, Tracy. I very much enjoyed your blog. The quote is fantastic - you have a wise pastor. Your pics are terrific; I think my favorite is still the one of Zachary in the field of dandelions back in Iowa.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Aunt Joy