Amber, I apologize for publishing this before you had a chance to blog about it. However, since it's been over 2 months I wanted to try to catch up on my blog. Hope you don't mind.
Like I mentioned in my last post, the reason we flew "home" to Whidbey Island was to help celebrate Tate's 5th birthday! I'm not sure how much of her soul Amber has had to sell to insure that each year on the day of his party the weather always cooperates! No kidding, PERFECT weather five years in a row in one of the rainiest places on earth (a little exaggeration, but I've come to realize this is most people's opinions of the entire state of WA).
Without further ado, I present to you:
Tate's 5th Birthday Block Party
The biggest hit were the multi-sized spray painted boxes.
Mikie built a structure that had a tunnel and I just happened to be standing at the end when all four of them crawled through:

Tate
Ayden
Ayden
Zachary
Mikie
MikieThe children also decided to use the boxes as tables:

And Grant made a "chute" which he and the others raced down. (can you tell his parents are triathletes?)

The boxes also made their way to the end of the zipline as targets and up to the top of the playset and down the slides. It just goes to prove that kids have more fun with the boxes than the toys that come in them.
The square/cubed food all revolved around the theme:



The famous cake pops got a make over and became cake block bites for this party. Which, incidentally, this was the very first time I got to taste a cake pop.
Rice Krispie treat building blocks
Cubed fruit in square bowls
The Cake:

The Activities:
Decorating wooden blocks

Blocks in the sand table
Building structures with sugar cube blocks
Lacing alphabet blocks on a bracelet/necklace
Building structures with sugar cube blocks
Lacing alphabet blocks on a bracelet/necklaceThe party favors:
It pays to have a good friend who has his own shop and tools. James Steller custom made a set of 15 wooden building blocks for every guest. (hey James, Mikie's theme is dinosaurs...do you think you can crank out 20 wooden brontosaurs figures by January? :)
It pays to have a good friend who has his own shop and tools. James Steller custom made a set of 15 wooden building blocks for every guest. (hey James, Mikie's theme is dinosaurs...do you think you can crank out 20 wooden brontosaurs figures by January? :)So, do you think Amber's luck will hold out for beautiful weather next year? I hope so!


wow, that sounds like an incredibly cool, and organized party!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun party! Love all the boxes & food. Pretty cool tunnel & chute the boys made! Wished you would have set Devon in one of the boxes so I could see a picture of her. The cake pop blocks look yummy!
ReplyDelete