Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Trying to catch up

I realize I haven't blogged in a very long time and we've had many trips with hundreds (not exaggerating!) of pictures to post. I'll get there eventually...my goal was this week, but more likely it'll be next week. Here's a few events I needed to post about before starting on our WA/CA/Disneyland trip.

While at Target one afternoon, it was quickly approaching nap time and Zachary was, as usual, hating the entire shopping experience and making it very unpleasant for everyone around us. I scanned the aisle we were in and grabbed some monster truck stickers which he promptly latched onto and we ended up purchasing. On the way home, he fell asleep clutching the stickers and when I transferred him to his crib he continued to hang on to them. I snuck back in to snap the picture of his "BEBE" in one hand and the stickers in the other .

Here's a video of Zach singing his ABC's and this video is his donkey kick flip.


Over Memorial Day weekend, we needed to drive to Virginia Beach to pick up some precious cargo. Our good friends down in Jacksonville, FL agreed to transport a ride on Grave Digger monster truck, which we found on craigslist, to VA beach while because they were headed there for a work trip. We knew it wasn't going to fit in my mini-van so we decided to make it a weekend trip and loaded up the boys in Michael's truck. Zach's car seat would only fit in the front which meant that Mikie and I would be riding in the little 1/2 cab. We managed to squeeze in and hit very little traffic so we made great time. To keep them happy we rigged up the DVD player. You can see from the pictures that Mikie had a "front row seat" for his movie and Zachary had to look up a bit.
The screen was seriously less than 10 inches from his face.


Zach's spot wasn't so bad, until the sun started shining right in his eyes.


The beach was the first thing on our list, but I didn't have the camera with us. It was such a pleasant surprise to have both boys enjoy the water this year. We spent a long time holding their hands and jumping as the waves crashed into us. That was my favorite memory and I'm sad I didn't get a single picture of it! After the beach, we had dinner with Carrie & Lenny and the boys and then enjoyed the boys' favorite past time....MINI-GOLF! It was another glow in the dark 3-D course with an ocean theme.



No scary volcano eruptions on hole 18....just a hungry shark.
While we were putting Mikie to bed, Zachary climbed under the covers and snuggled in. I decided to let them stay that way and see what happened when I turned out the light. They talked for a little bit, Zach wiggled around a lot, and Mikie kept telling Zachary to lay still so they could stay in bed together. I gave them 15 minutes and said if he wasn't asleep by then he would have to get in his crib. Well, wouldn't you know that he fell asleep next to his big brother with only 2 minutes to spare. I couldn't leave him there though, because I know I wouldn't get any sleep always worrying if he would fall out of the bed. So, I moved him to his crib and promised Mikie when Zach was older we could try it again. It'll be so fun to go on trips in about 1/2 a year.

The next day was filled with more anticipated fun: 2 more mini-golf courses!
The first pirate themed one was so perfect because Mikie had just finished his Pirates Past Noon Magic Tree House book.








What Michael did at least a half dozen times to retrieve the boys' balls that were "accidentally" dropped into the water.
Course #2 was the Jungle Mini-Golf.



By now it was close to noon and getting very hot! We found the cutest little restaurant only a block away and enjoyed our lunch on their patio. We provided the neighboring tables with a "dinner theater" as we managed to spill not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 glasses of liquid in about a 10 minute span. Thank goodness it was time to head home after that experience!
The next day, after church, we went to the Christian Youth Theater's production of The Little Mermaid. They always do an outstanding job with the set, but the lyrics to every song are almost inaudible.
Mikie really liked the sea horses.

On Memorial Day, Michael's parents, sister and her two kids came down to spend time with us. It was threatening rain all day so we decided to take the kids bowling!


Zachary was so cute, he'd pick out a color of ball, someone would carry it for him, he'd roll it off the ramp, stand there and watch it hit the pins, and then turn around and gallop back to us clapping his hands saying "Yay, Zachary."


Zachary and Grandmommy!
Time for Granddaddy to help Zachary try for a strike.

5 comments:

  1. Cute, cute pics. Loved Zachary and his ABC's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pics, and Hudson loved the videos of Zachary...kept making me play them again and wav.ed at.him and is now typing w/ me..

    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the video of Zachary singing his abcs and donkey kick. We'll have to work on getting those letters in order.

    The pictures are great. (I did notice you must not have scoped out the mini golf courses before you packed cause Mikie had a dinosaur shirt on...I think this is a first for the outfit NOT to cordinate with the surroundings :) just had to give you a hard time (please forgive me ;)

    I think it's cute how Zachary still sleeps in a corner like when he was a baby. I also liked the story of him sleeping with Mikie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, the two brothers sharing the bed is too adorable! I can't believe he actually fell asleep!! I bet Natalie has missed him in her VBS class this week. ;) She has a review of the snack each day. :) Love all the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute about Zachary and the monster truck stickers! :-) He looks like Mikie in the picture of him in his crib. The ABC video was adorable!

    My kids love to sleep together too in a bed or even on the floor in their sleeping bags. It's so cute! I'm sure Mikie loved having Zachary there.

    ReplyDelete