

There they go...... Why can't we go with them?We had a few hours to spend in DC before my mom's plane left at 5:00 so we went to the Air and Space Annex located near Dulles airport. We were practically the only ones there, due to the snowstorm, so I didn't care when the boys ran all over the place or yelled at us to come see this plane and that helicopter.

Boagie & Grandpa gave Mikie this Mikey Mouse camera for his birthday. At first he enjoyed taking pictures of everything and everyone; however, he quickly realized that each time he took a picture the number in the top right hand corner increased. So now, instead of taking pictures of people and things. He just snaps the button to watch the numbers tick away. Of the 1435 pictures on his camera, the majority of them are of his knee or leg while he sits in his car seat, holding it in his lap, watching those numbers get higher and higher as he pushes that bright blue button. And if he's snapping those pictures at night, the drivers in the cars in the next traffic lane must think we have a strobe light in our mini-van and we're listening to disco music.
I realized what a big boy (and I'm not talking about his size) he is becoming when he held Boagie's hand and walked all the way down the spiral staircase of the museum.
All too soon, it was time to take Boagie to the airport and then drive home before the snow turned to ice. I didn't know it at the time, but not only was my mom taking her luggage back to Iowa, she was also taking my sanity! You see, the very next day my boys turned into possessed little creatures who do nothing but fight, whine, cry, scream, and throw tantrums all day long. Now, this couldn't possibly be because I was thrust back into being a mom 24/7 with no other children around as playmates for my boys or other adults to take charge of the declining situations. Nope, it is absolutely the work of some magic spell Super Boagie cast as she bent over and kissed their sleeping heads goodbye at the airport...all because she wanted to make sure I bought her another ticket to come back really soon! (Nice work, mom.....are you free the 1st weekend in March?)


Boagie & Grandpa gave Mikie this Mikey Mouse camera for his birthday. At first he enjoyed taking pictures of everything and everyone; however, he quickly realized that each time he took a picture the number in the top right hand corner increased. So now, instead of taking pictures of people and things. He just snaps the button to watch the numbers tick away. Of the 1435 pictures on his camera, the majority of them are of his knee or leg while he sits in his car seat, holding it in his lap, watching those numbers get higher and higher as he pushes that bright blue button. And if he's snapping those pictures at night, the drivers in the cars in the next traffic lane must think we have a strobe light in our mini-van and we're listening to disco music. Thank goodness for digital cameras and the "delete" button!
I realized what a big boy (and I'm not talking about his size) he is becoming when he held Boagie's hand and walked all the way down the spiral staircase of the museum.
All too soon, it was time to take Boagie to the airport and then drive home before the snow turned to ice. I didn't know it at the time, but not only was my mom taking her luggage back to Iowa, she was also taking my sanity! You see, the very next day my boys turned into possessed little creatures who do nothing but fight, whine, cry, scream, and throw tantrums all day long. Now, this couldn't possibly be because I was thrust back into being a mom 24/7 with no other children around as playmates for my boys or other adults to take charge of the declining situations. Nope, it is absolutely the work of some magic spell Super Boagie cast as she bent over and kissed their sleeping heads goodbye at the airport...all because she wanted to make sure I bought her another ticket to come back really soon! (Nice work, mom.....are you free the 1st weekend in March?)



Sorry about the spell; but I really do want to come back soon. I'm so glad Mikie likes his camera...I am sorry that you will someday have to delete them all.
ReplyDeleteoh tracy, the part about mikie snapping pictures in the car at night cracked me up, bc donovan used to do the same thing when he was given his first camera. i kept telling him he was going to blind someone with that flash!
ReplyDelete