Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Colin's 4th Birthday Party

Mikie was invited to his friend, Colin's 4th birthday a few weeks ago. Evidently, Colin loves the Disney CARS movie and so that became the theme. Now, I would've, could've, and should've had Mikie watch the movie before going to the party knowing that Colin's mom was a former elementary teacher and fellow party planner extraordinaire. It would have been more meaningful for Mikie, but as it was, he still had a great time and caught on quickly to the character based centers. After decorating their party bags and getting a "crash course" on the character names, the kids were given a checklist of stations that they needed to visit in order to get prizes.

Colin and Mikie.

Mikie makes a shrinky-dink "Lighting McQueen"

Making a tire pizza at Flo's Cafe.

His favorite station was racing with Lightning McQueen on the Wii.

In this video, Mikie has to drive backwards as he pretends to be TowMater the tow truck:


Not pictured:

He got a Tatoo at Guido & Luigi's Tatoo & Tire Shop

He played with shake n' go cars at Mac's station



We had a great time and I really enjoyed that it was just Mikie and I.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like Mikie had a fun time. He was so intent in playing the wii. Boagie & Grandpa may have to buy the Jones family a family gift this year. Glad you had some quality time alone with him. Bet the tire tasted good. I remember doing shrinky dinks with you girls years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to just have one-on-one time with them? I took Gunner to our church winter warm-up and it was so fun. Gunner LOVES the CARS movie and Hudson loves the toy cars from the movie...so I will probably be grilling you for another themed party. Looks like they had fun, cars are something boys just "get", with or without seeing the movie....but it is a cute one if you are looking for a "movie night", even Lenny liked it...reluctantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! There sure are lots of fun themes for boys' parties. :) Isn't it fun when it's like a "date" with just one child?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like fun and I'm sure Bridgette did a great job planning it. My boys both love cars but especially Nathan. He LOVES that movie along with Madagascar.

    I haven't heard of shrinky dinks forever! I didn't know you could still get those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliments, Tracy! Always fun to hear others' descriptions! Colin does indeed love Cars, and I was very thankful to have my family here to man all the stations!

    ReplyDelete