And in this video, he finally gets excited about it:
Zachary, Tate, and Ayden had a two hour nap after the party so they were awake on the way to DC. Mikie rode with Daddy in his truck and took a much needed nap while the rest of us ate at the food court in Pentagon City Mall. At 6:00 we woke Mikie up, let him eat a cheeseburger, and then rode the metro to the Verizon Center. When we got to our seats, Amber and I both looked at each other intrepidation....we were in the second row. After the initial starting of the engines, we quickly realized that we would need to purchase earplugs. I envisioned my children throwing a fit over having to wear them and was dreading the battle of shoving them in their ears all night long, but to my amazement neither of them even fussed when I put them in and they stayed in! Mikie was so excited to see the trucks. He kept clapping and clapping and looking around to see who was coming out next. Then during the racing, he would predict who would win the race.
I think the only other person that enjoyed this experience even more than Mikie was Zachary. He sat so still in our arms, pointing and pointing and pointing at the trucks. He really was having a great time. Of course, Michael seemed to enjoy himself a lot as well.
We watched the trucks compete in 3 contests: Wheelies, Racing, and Freestyle. Even though the arena was very small, the trucks were still getting plenty of air and making us very nervous. Madusa spun so many doughnuts that I thought we would be covered in mud by the time she was finished. Thankfully that did not happen! Here's a video of them racing:
At intermission the boys each got a new hot wheels monster truck. Mikie picked Superman and Zach got Monster Mutt (or "Mon Mutt" as he calls it)
Me & My Boys (all 3 of them)A few hours later we were ready to ride the metro back to the cars and drive home for some much needed sleep (Remember we were up until 4:30 am decorating for the mini-golf party and then up at 7:00 putting the finishing touches on the food.)
This was one of those experiences that we were lucky to get to share with our friends and Boagie and will forever be cherished as a great memory with pictures and video to capture the awe in my boys' faces.



W-O-W! That looks like fun? (I put in the question mark b/c I have not decided if that would be fun or make me crazy) Either way, it looks like you all had the best time. Sort of like if I took Natalie to a princess convention or something? ;)
ReplyDeleteCute caption of your THREE boys. It was fun to watch all their little faces and see them clapping a lot. Thanks again. Too bad your father couldn't have been there, he would have loved it also; then there would have been FOUR boys.
ReplyDelete