While we have been on several of our own field trips inspired from the Magic Tree House series, Mikie experienced is very first REAL field trip with his kindergarten class to Snead's Pumpkin Farm and Zachary and I got to meet him there.
It was his first time riding on a school bus.
He had a lot of fun feeding the chickens.

They were able to pick out their own pumpkins. The only stipulation was that they had to carry them back to the bus themselves. He chose one of the biggest ones at the farthest end of the field. I thought for sure he would complain about it being too heavy, but when one of the fathers put the bag on his back like a back pack, he carried it most of the way by himself.
I enjoyed watching him have fun with his classmates.

Going on a hay ride.

After the class activities were finished, we drove out to another pumpkin patch and had a picnic on the ground just the 3 of us.
Then it was Zachary's turn to pick his pumpkin. He wanted the green one!
I wanted to pick sunflowers but first wanted a good picture. Mikie was being tormented by a bee and refused to cooperate.
But Zach posed nicely with his flower.
With our pumpkins, our sunflowers, and my two tired boys, we ended our day and drove home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It was his first time riding on a school bus.
He had a lot of fun feeding the chickens.
They were able to pick out their own pumpkins. The only stipulation was that they had to carry them back to the bus themselves. He chose one of the biggest ones at the farthest end of the field. I thought for sure he would complain about it being too heavy, but when one of the fathers put the bag on his back like a back pack, he carried it most of the way by himself.
I enjoyed watching him have fun with his classmates.
Going on a hay ride.
After the class activities were finished, we drove out to another pumpkin patch and had a picnic on the ground just the 3 of us.
Then it was Zachary's turn to pick his pumpkin. He wanted the green one!
I wanted to pick sunflowers but first wanted a good picture. Mikie was being tormented by a bee and refused to cooperate.
But Zach posed nicely with his flower.With our pumpkins, our sunflowers, and my two tired boys, we ended our day and drove home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
LOCUST SHADE PARK
On another wonderful fall day, all four of us went on a hike through Locust Shade Park.







No comments:
Post a Comment